|Region of origin||English, Welsh and German|
|Related names||Stephenson, Stevens, Stephens, Fitzstephen|
Stephen is a surname of Anglo-Welsh and German origin. It is a reasonably common surname, but is usually found as a first name. It is thought to have originated from the German-speaking world as (Von) Stephan.
Stephen is the 3,845 most common surname in the USA.
Famous people with the surname
People with the surname Stephen or its versions include:
- Harry Lushington Stephen, judge, alderman, writer
- James Fitzjames Stephen, English judge
- Leslie Stephen, writer, author
- Nicol Stephen, Scottish politician
- Ninian Stephen, judge
- Susan Stephen, English actress
- Heinrich von Stephan
|This page or section lists people with the surname Stephen. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link.|