Stephen Baysted (born January 1969 in London, England), is a British composer of film, Television and video game music.
Stephen Baysted gained BA (Hons.) and MMus degrees from the University of Southampton, is listed in their successful alumni, and was a visiting research student in the Departments of Music and Philosophy at the Université de Rouen in France. Baysted was awarded a PhD in 2002 from Dartington College of Arts for a thesis entitled: From le cri de la nature to Pygmalion: a study of Jean-Jacques Rousseau's philosophy of music and aesthetic and reform of opera. Before joining the University of Chichester in 2003, he was Head of Opera Studies at Rose Bruford College in Kent and worked with many of the leading opera companies and opera practitioners in the UK. Stephen was recently appointed Reader in Film Composition at the University of Chichester.
Film, TV and computer game composer
Stephen Baysted works professionally as a media composer in the games, film and television industries. As Composer and Audio Director, he is listed amongst the key personnel for Slightly Mad Studios Ltd. an International games development studio and has composed music scores and designed sound for a string of award winning computer games including the hybrid score for Electronic Arts' AAA game: Shift 2: Unleashed; Electronic Arts’ Need for Speed: Shift; Atari’s Test Drive: Ferrari Racing Legends; Robert Kirkman’s: The Walking Dead: Assault; the psychological drama Strange Factories; and the international award-winning documentary Life Lines. Stephen has also composed the music for cinema, TV and radio adverts, including high profile campaigns for Budweiser, McDonalds and Pizza Hut and he writes for many leading music libraries, including Audio Network.
Stephen’s work has been nominated for two Motion Picture Sound Editors ‘Golden Reel’ Awards, two Game Audio Network Guild Awards and Life Lines was judged ‘Best Foreign Film’ in Hollywood’s Action/Cut awards.
Baysted is represented by Air-Edel Associates and his music is published by Accorder Music Publishing Ltd. Stephen was recently interviewed by Computer Music Magazine about his work in the games industry. and Designing Sound about his work on Project Cars.
- Project Cars (Video Game)
- World of Speed (Video Game)
- The Walking Dead: Assault (Video Game)
- War Dogs (Feature Film)
- Strange Factories (Feature Film)
- Matisse: Live(Documentary)
- Brandy and Pep(Short)
- My Name is Georgina (Short)
- Psycho House (Short)
- Test Drive: Ferrari Racing Legends (Video Game)
- Eager Beaver (Video Game)
- Skid Racer (Video Game)
- C.A.R.S (Video Game)
- Life Lines (Documentary)
- Der Mann mit dem Fagott (TV Movie)
- Shift 2: Unleashed (Video Game)
- Beam (Video Game)
- Need for Speed: Shift (Video Game)
- BMW M3 Challenge (Video Game)
- GTR2: FIA GT Racing Game (Video Game)
- GT Legends (Video Game)
- GTR – FIA GT Racing Game (Video Game)
- http://www.chi.ac.uk/staff/dr-stephen-baysted. Missing or empty
- [dead link]
- "Dr Stephen Baysted | University of Chichester". Chi.ac.uk. Retrieved 2013-02-18.
- "Air-Edel". Air-Edel. Retrieved 2012-01-15.
- Computer Music. "Computer Music 184, November 2012 – SOUNDTRACKS – ON SALE NOW". MusicRadar. Retrieved 2013-02-18.
- "Project Cars". bandainamcogames.eu. Retrieved 2014-11-10.
- "World of Speed". worldofspeed.com. Retrieved 2014-02-11.
- "The Walking Dead: Assault". Thewalkingdeadassault.com. Retrieved 2013-02-18.
- http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2342215/?ref_=nm_flmg_com_4. Missing or empty
- "Strange Factories". Info.strangefactories.com. Retrieved 2013-02-18.
- http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3773072/?ref_=nm_flmg_com_6. Missing or empty
- http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4121600/?ref_=nm_flmg_com_1. Missing or empty
- "My Name is Georgina".
- "Psycho House". Psychohousemovie.com. Retrieved 2013-02-18.
- "Eager Beaver | Chillingo - The Premier Games Publisher". Chillingo. 2012-06-14. Retrieved 2013-02-18.
- "SKiD Racer". Gamagio. Retrieved 2013-02-18.
- "WMD Portal". WMD Portal. Retrieved 2013-02-18.