Stephen Bishop (actor)
Bishop (left) & Scott Elrod (right) at the 8th Annual Hack n' Smack Celebrity Golf Tournament in 2011
|Born||September 14, 1971|
|Occupation||Film, television actor|
Stephen C. Bishop (born September 14, 1971) is an American actor and retired baseball player.
Bishop attended the University of California, Riverside where he played college baseball for the Highlanders from 1991–1992. After college he signed a free agent contract with the Atlanta Braves and played in 20 games for Atlanta's affiliate in the Pioneer League in 1993. In 1994, he played for the Sioux Falls Canaries and the St. Paul Saints of the Northern League, and in 1995 he played for the High Desert Mavericks, the advanced A ball affiliate for the Baltimore Orioles.
He plays David Paulk in the television show Being Mary Jane. He also appeared on the television series Lost, Girlfriends, and The Game, and in the independent film Americanese. He appeared in the movie The Rundown with The Rock. Bishop also played David Justice in Moneyball, which was released on September 23, 2011.
- "2010 UC Riverside Highlanders Baseball Media Guide". UC Riverside Sports Information. Archived from the original on December 18, 2012. Retrieved December 18, 2012.
- Being Mary Jane character bio: David Paulk (played by Stephen Bishop)
- Alexander, Jim. "BASEBALL: Former UCR star shines in "Moneyball" | Sports Southern California". PE.com. Retrieved October 25, 2013.
- Moneyball’s Stephen Bishop talks being David Justice
- Stephen Bishop at the Internet Movie Database
- Stephen Bishop at AllMovie
- Career statistics and player information from Baseball-Reference (Minors)
|This article about an American film and television actor is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|