Stephen Dunne (actor)
|Stephen Michael Dunn|
Stephen Dunne in the 1945 film Doll Face
January 13, 1918|
Northampton, Massachusetts, U.S.
|Died||September 2, 1977
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Other names||Stephen Dunne|
Stephen Dunne (born January 13, 1918,[better source needed] in Northampton, Massachusetts; died September 2, 1977, in Los Angeles, California) was an American actor, radio personality and disc jockey.
He also had roles on radio at several times, including as the voice of private eye Sam Spade in The Adventures of Sam Spade from 1950 to 1951. In the 1960-1961 season, he and Mark Roberts (1921–2006) played private detective brothers in the syndicated television series The Brothers Brannagan.
Dunne appeared in several television shows, including Professional Father, The Millionaire, Alfred Hitchcock Presents, Petticoat Junction, Batman (episodes 47 and 48), Dragnet 1967, Nanny and the Professor, and The Brady Bunch. He also hosted or guest-hosted four game shows including Truth or Consequences and Double Exposure.
- Doll Face (1945)
- Junior Miss (1945)
- Colonel Effingham's Raid (1946)
- The Woman from Tangier (1948)
- The Big Sombrero (1949)
- Above and Beyond (1952)
- Lady Possessed (1952)
- Ten Thousand Bedrooms (1957)
- I Married a Woman (1958)
- The Explosive Generation (1961)
- Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory (1971)
- Superdad (1973)
- "Stephen Dunne". IMDb. Retrieved 23 August 2013.
- Stephen Dunne at the Internet Movie Database
- Stephen Dunne at AllMovie
- His radiography: his career on the radio, as a radio jockey, etc.