|Member of the New York State Assembly
from the 139th district
|Preceded by||Charles H. Nesbitt|
|Born||Stephen M. Hawley
c. 1947 (age 66–67)
Batavia, New York
|Residence||Batavia, New York|
|Alma mater||University of Toledo|
|Profession||business owner, politician|
Stephen M. "Steve" Hawley (born c. 1947) is a Republican member of the New York State Assembly representing Assembly District 139, which comprises portions of Genesee, Monroe, Niagara, and Orleans counties.
He earned a B.S. degree in education from the University of Toledo and served seven years in the Ohio Army National Guard and the United States Army Reserves where he earned the rank of 1st Lieutenant.
A realtor and insurance agent by trade, he is the current co-owner, with his wife, of the Stephen M. Hawley Insurance Center in Batavia. He previously owned and operated Hawley Farms. He also served on the Genesee County Legislature.
Hawley was first elected to the State Assembly in a special election on February 28, 2006. He ran uncontested in the November 2008 general election and won the November 2010 general election with 79 percent of the vote.
- "Bust of Anderson Finds New Home at Batavia High". The Buffalo News. April 9, 1993. Retrieved March 25, 2011. "A bust of former hostage Terry Anderson, consigned to a cluttered storeroom a few months ago after standing in the Genesee Country Mall during much of his captivity, is headed for a place of honor in Batavia High School. Anderson's classmate Stephen M. Hawley, to whom he had entrusted the bust, chose to donate it to the school from which they both graduated in 1965."
- "Assembly District 139, Stephen Hawley: Biography". New York State Assembly. Retrieved March 25, 2011.
- "Election Results 2008: New York State Legislature". The New York Times. 2008.
- "Election Results 2010: New York State Legislature". The New York Times. 2010.
- "Special Election Results, 139th Assembly District: February 28, 2006" (PDF). New York State Board of Elections. 2006. Retrieved April 13, 2011.
- "General Election Results, State Assembly: November 7, 2006" (PDF). New York State Board of Elections. December 14, 2006. Retrieved April 13, 2011.
- "General Election Results, State Assembly: November 4, 2008" (PDF). New York State Board of Elections. December 4, 2008. Retrieved April 13, 2011.
- "General Election Results, State Assembly: November 2, 2010" (PDF). New York State Board of Elections. December 13, 2010. Retrieved April 13, 2011.
|New York Assembly|
Charles H. Nesbitt
|New York State Assembly, 139th District