Stephen Leacock Collegiate Institute
|Stephen Leacock Collegiate Institute|
|2450 Birchmount Road
Tam O'Shanter – Sullivan, Scarborough, Ontario, M1T 2M5, Canada
|School number||4208 / 945250|
|School board||Toronto District School Board
(Scarborough Board of Education)
|Area trustee||Shaun Chen|
|Vice Principals||Kathy Keroglidis
|School type||Public high school|
|Team name||Leacock Lions|
|Colours||Blue and Orange|
|Homepage||Stephen Leacock Collegiate Institute|
Stephen Leacock Collegiate Institute (SLCI, Stephen Leacock, or Leacock) is a public high school in Scarborough, Ontario, Canada owned and operated by the Toronto District School Board and was opened in 1970 by the former Scarborough Board of Education. The school offers business, math and technology courses.
- Specialized T.V. Production Facility
- Fully Equipped athletic facility with pool
- 1000 seat auditorium with DMX lighting console
- 3 bay automotive shop
- Excellent Leadership opportunities for Students
- Strong tradition of excellence in Math and Science Competitions
- Strict Code of Behaviour with visual identification
- Elva Ni- Winner of the Miss Chinese Toronto Pageant 2005
- Tharanga Ramanayake Much Music 1997
- Mike Myers 1982
- Rick Houghton:Until recently, Mr. Houghton was employed for the past 22 years in the Toronto Film and Television community. He has been involved in the production of literally thousands of shows in the course of his career as an editor, producer, writer and director. He has worked for a diverse range of clients including, Warner Brothers, Alliance Atlantis, and Columbia TriStar to name but a few. His extensive practical experience enables him to instruct students in all areas of communications technology.
Television production, special effects compositing, web design and a wide array of advanced computer expertise are just a few of the many transferable skills from industry that Mr. Houghton brings to Leacock Television. By applying these highly specialized technologies he is able to enhance student learning and create a diverse and interesting learning environment in his subject area. Twice nominated for Teacher of the Year in the Premier's Awards for Teaching Excellence (2009, 2011), Mr. Houghton holds a Bachelors degree in Communication Studies from the University of Windsor and a Bachelor of Education degree from the University of Toronto.
- "Stephen Leacock Collegiate Institute". Retrieved 1 February 2012.