Stephen M. Irwin
He is the author of the supernatural thriller, The Dead Path (Published in the UK as The Darkening. The Dead Path was named Top Horror Title in the American Library Association's 2011 reading list  and won the Doubleday Book of the Month Club First Fiction Award 2010. Irwin has also won several short story competitions in Australia and overseas, including The Write Stuff and New Millennium Writings. He has had poems published in the Newcastle Poetry Prize anthologies "Sunweight" and "Eclogues". Irwin's second novel, The Broken Ones, was published by Doubleday in 2011.
Irwin wrote and directed a number of short films, including award winning shorts Car Pool (Best Comedy, St Kilda Short Film Festival 2007) and Ascension (Best Short, Sci-Fi-London 2008). He has written and directed documentaries broadcast on Australian television, and has been engaged as a writer of Australian series drama.
- Stephen M Irwin Talks The Dead Path, the Green Man, and Spiders!
- Walking the dead path with Stephen M Irwin
- The Dead Path, Hachette
- The Darkening
- "Top genre fiction titles named to 2011 RUSA Reading List".
- "Doubleday Book of the Month Club First Fiction Award 2010".
- Ghosts, spiders and a dead cat are just in a paranormal day
- [dead link]
- 547 eclogues
- Car Pool
- (Boulia 4829); (Boggo Road)
- Series Drama
- Author draws novel from Brisbane's shadows