Stephen Mulhern in 2008
|Born||Stephen Daniel Mulhern
4 April 1977
Minehead, Somerset, England
|Occupation||Television presenter, Entertainer, Magician|
|Employer||ITV, Heart FM|
|Height||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Television||Britain's Got More Talent (2007—)
This Morning (2011—)
Big Star's Little Star (2013—)
Sunday Side Up (2013)
Mulhern is the third of four children of Irish parents, Maureen (née Reid) and Christopher Mulhern and has two older brothers, a younger sister and a dog. He spent some time working as a Redcoat at Butlins in Minehead, Somerset under the name 'Magic'.
Mulhern attended St Bonaventure's Catholic Comprehensive School in Forest Gate, Newham; he began entertaining from a very young age and became interested in comedy and magic from his father, who would teach him a trick before bedtime when he was 13 years old. He was a member of The Magic Circle and became a successful TV magician. Magic credits have included The Quick Trick Show and more recently Tricky TV.Mulhern has released a number of children's magic sets and videos and has toured the UK with his show, Stephen's Mega Mad Magic Show. The show proved popular attracting large audiences. Mulhern has taken part in the Royal Variety Performance at the Victoria Palace Theatre with the Queen in attendance. and in 2012 he made a magic set.
In 2005, Mulhern created and presented the Channel 4 magic show Freaky and was credited as executive producer. In 2006, he performed a magic routine in an episode of The Slammer and came in second place; to the dance group "Flawless". "Flawless" went on to perform on Britain's Got Talent, which he presents the spin-off show for (Britain's Got More Talent). Mulhern's 2010 entertainment show Magic Numbers featured magic and illusions during the phone-in process. He does not work with a regular assistant for his illusion performances, preferring to work with a range of guest celebrity assistants. Most notable of these is his former Saturday Showdown co-host Holly Willoughby, who has assisted him on many occasions in a variety of illusions including being sawed in half.
- Mulhern starred in the stage version of Grease as Danny Zuko.
- In 2005, Mulhern appeared on Celebrity Stars in Their Eyes as Robbie Williams.[not in citation given]
- Mulhern has a regular slot at Butlins Minehead, where he once was a Redcoat, during the summer season with a show of comedy, magic and gunge.
- In 1997, he performed at the Royal Variety Performance, while still working as a Redcoat. He then returned to perform at the Royal Variety Performance in 2014.
- In 2009, Mulhern presented the Britain's Got Talent Live Tour after a successful series of Britain's Got More Talent.
In 2010, Mulhern starred in Aladdin at the Marlowe Theatre in Canterbury, playing the leading role of Aladdin, however on dates when he was not able to play the role, due to television commitments, director and writer Paul Hendy stood in to take the role.
In December 2013, Mulhern played Buttons in Cinderella at the Hawth Crawley.
On 5 August 2012, Mulhern began co-presenting Sunday breakfast from 8am to 12pm with Emma Willis across the Heart Network. The duo occasionally present the Heart London Breakfast show when regular hosts, Jamie Theakston and Emma Bunton are away.
Mulhern began presenting on CITV in 1998. He co-hosted four series of Finger Tips with Fearne Cotton (2001–03) and Naomi Wilkinson (2004) from 2001 to 2004. He presented children's show Tricky TV from 2005 to 2010. He also co-hosted Holly & Stephen's Saturday Showdown (originally called Ministry of Mayhem) with Holly Willoughby from 2004 to 2006.
Since 2007, Mulhern has hosted ITV2 spin-off Britain's Got More Talent, which airs immediately after the main ITV show, which is hosted by Ant & Dec. Since 2013, Mulhern has become associated with the word 'unbelievable' which slowly became his catchphrase, usually used on Britain's Got More Talent as he walks offscreen at the end of a section, with Ant & Dec often mimicking him and is also known for saying "doosh!".
Mulhern has presented The Hub, a small segment on the ITV daytime show This Morning since 2012. He hosts the segment on Thursday and Friday mornings although had previously hosted on Wednesdays and Thursdays until the departure of Matt Johnson in the summer of 2013. Mulhern has occasionally presented the main show, standing in for the regular presenters. Stephen also presents various segments for the show, usually in the Summer.
|1999-2004||The Quick Trick Show||Presenter|
|2003||You Can Do Magic||Presenter|
|2004||The Record of the Year||Presenter|
|2004-06||Holly & Stephen's Saturday Showdown||Co-presenter||All|
|2005-06, 10||Tricky TV||Presenter||All|
|2006-07||Dancing on Ice: Defrosted||Presenter||All|
|2007—||Britain's Got More Talent||Presenter||All|
|2009||All Star Impression Show||Presenter|
|2009-11||Animals Do the Funniest Things||Narrator||All|
|Coronation Street Uncovered: Live||Presenter|
|The 5 O'Clock Show||Co-Presenter||Episode 14 & 15|
|2011-12||The Big Quiz||Presenter||All|
|2011-14||This Morning's Hub||Presenter||Thursdays,
|2012||Emmerdale Live - The Fallout||Presenter||17 October|
|All Star Mr & Mrs: Text Santa Special||Presenter||21 December|
|2012—||This Morning||Stand-in Presenter||10 August 2012,
2 November 2012,
23 November 2012,
15 February 2013
|2013—||Catchphrase||Presenter ||Series 18—|
|Big Star's Little Star||Presenter||All|
|2013||Sunday Side Up||Presenter||All|
|The Paul O'Grady Show||Guest Presenter||19 November, cover for O'Grady|
|The Illusionists||Presenter||21 December|
|2014||Sunday Night at the Palladium||Guest Presenter||14 September|
|2015||The Magic Show Story||Presenter||One-off programme|
|2015—||Get Your Act Together||Presenter|
- Celebrity Stars in Their Eyes (13 August 2005) - Contestant, as Robbie Williams
- The Paul O'Grady Show (27 October 2005, 20 April 2009, May 2014) - Guest
- The Slammer (2006) - Contestant
- All Star Family Fortunes (1 December 2007) - Contestant
- Celebrity Juice (30 September 2010) - Team Captain, (11 April 2013) - Panellist
- The Alan Titchmarsh Show (3 May 2011, 22 March, 24 September 2013) - Guest
- Odd One In (23 July 2011) - Panellist
- Born to Shine (7 August 2011) - Guest judge
- Ant & Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway (13 April 2013) - Guest
- Daybreak (3 September, 24 December 2013) - Guest
- Loose Women (25 October 2013, 14 March 2014) - Guest
- Lorraine (24 December 2013, 9 April 2014) - Guest
- Weekend (10 May 2014) - Guest
- ITV.com: Britain's Got Talent Hosts, Retrieved 1 August 12010
- Stephen Mulhern: 'I'd like a variety act to win this year!' ITV.com
- Stephen Mulhern Biography James Grant Management
- Performance Diary It's Behind You.com
- New Victoria Theatre. "Dick Whittington Woking Tickets - New Victoria Theatre Panto 2012". Atgtickets.com. Retrieved 2013-04-16.
- Stephen Mulhurn and Emma Willis Heart
- "TV News". AudienceTickets.net. Retrieved 2013-04-16.
- Stephen Mulhern's Official Website
- Stephen Mulhern's Twitter Page
- Stephen Mulhern's Facebook Page
- Stephen Mulhern's Google+ Page
- Stephen Mulhern at the Internet Movie Database
|Host of Catchphrase