April 30, 1958 |
Stephen D. Mull (born April 30, 1958) is a Senior Foreign Service officer and United States Ambassador to Poland who previously served as Acting Assistant Secretary of State for Political-Military Affairs and United States Ambassador to Lithuania.
Mull is a career member of the Senior Foreign Service in the class of Minister Counselor. He previously served as the Deputy Chief of Mission in Jakarta, Indonesia, and has served as a Consular or Political Officer for the U.S. Missions in Poland, the Bahamas, and South Africa since the beginning of his career in the Foreign Service in 1982.
Prior to his assignment in Jakarta, Mull worked as Deputy Director of the State Department Operations Center, as Political Counselor at the U.S. Embassy in Warsaw, Poland, as Director of the Office of Southern European Affairs in the Bureau of European Affairs, and as Deputy Executive Secretary in the Office of the Secretary of State.
On March 10, 2003, then-U.S. President George W. Bush nominated Mull as the U.S. Ambassador to Lithuania. After being confirmed by the Senate, he assumed his position on August 26, 2003. He completed his tour of duty on July 18, 2006.
Mull is married to Cheri Stephan. The Mulls have one child, Ryan.
- Director General's Award for Political Reporting, 1988
- Superior Honor Award (four times)
- Balker-Wilkins Award
- Presidential Meritorious Service Award, 2003
- Order of Merit of the Republic of Poland (5th Class), 1997
- Order for Merits to Lithuania (3rd Class), 2006
- Mr. Stephen D. Mull Nominated as New United States Ambassador to Lithuania: Biography
- New U.S. Ambassador Arrives in Lithuania
- Stephen Mull on Piracy off of the Coast of Somalia
- M.P. 1997 nr 66 poz. 645 – mistaken as Stephan Mull
- Apdovanotų asmenų duomenų bazė
Lee A. Feinstein
|United States Ambassador to Poland
|United States Ambassador to Lithuania