Stephen R. Bough
|Born||1970 (age 43–44)
Gainesville, Florida, U.S.
|Alma mater||Missouri State University
University of Missouri, Kansas
Drury University, no degree
Stephen R. Bough (born 1970) is a Missouri attorney in private practice and is a nominee to be a United States District Judge of the United States District Court for the Western District of Missouri.
Bough was raised in Republic, Missouri and graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree from Southwest Missouri State University (now Missouri State University) in 1993. He received a Juris Doctorate from the University of Missouri–Kansas City School of Law in 1997. Bough served as a law clerk to Judge Scott Olin Wright of the United States District Court for the Western District of Missouri. From 1999 to 2002, he practiced law at Shamberg, Johnson & Bergman and from 2002 to 2006, he practiced at Henning & Bough. Since 2006, he has owned a private law practice. Since 2011, Bough has served on the Board of Governors of Missouri State University. Bough served three years on the board of governors of The Missouri Bar and received the Lon O. Hocker award in 2005.
Nomination to district court
On January 16, 2014, President Obama nominated Bough to serve as a United States District Judge of the United States District Court for the Western District of Missouri, to the seat vacated by Fernando J. Gaitan, Jr., who took senior status on January 3, 2014. On July 24, 2014 a hearing before the United States Senate Committee on the Judiciary was held on his nomination. On September 18, 2014 his nomination was reported out of committee by a vote of 10-8. His nomination is now pending before the United States Senate.
- "President Obama Nominates Four to Serve on the United States District Courts" White House, January 16, 2014
- "Missouri State University Board of Governors".
- "Past Recipients of Lon O. Hocker Award".
- ""Presidential Nominations Sent to the Senate" White House, January 16, 2014".
- United States Senate Committee on the Judiciary: Judicial Nomination Hearing July 24, 2014
- Results of Executive Business Meeting - September 18, 2014 United States Senate Committee on the Judiciary
|This American law-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|