|Known for||STARR Restaurants|
Stephen Starr is a restaurateur and head of the Starr Restaurant Organization. His honors include “Restaurateur of the Year” accolades from both Bon Appétit and Zagat. Travel + Leisure noted that “Starr creates complete environments with an artistic, almost cerebral approach.” USA Today identified him as “the ‘It’ guy of the city’s food scene,” while Restaurant Hospitality praised his “ability to take something ordinary and morph it into something so extraordinary that you’re dared not to stand in line for a look and a taste.”
A lifelong devotee of music and pop culture, Starr began his career at the age of 21 with Grandmom Minnie’s, a converted diner serving food by day and comedy by night, in Philadelphia’s Old City. He next opened Starr’s, a cabaret that featured then-emerging acts such as Jerry Seinfeld and Pat Benatar, and later Ripley Music Hall, a venue that showcased acts like U2, The Eurythmics, Cyndi Lauper and Bruce Springsteen. He founded The Concert Company to bring large-scale stadium acts to Philadelphia, and was responsible for many memorable shows in the city, including Madonna, Lionel Ritchie and George Michael. His company was purchased by Electric Factory Concerts in 1990, giving Starr the opportunity to explore the hospitality industry full-time. Early on, he opened Shake, Burger and Roll, a kitschy American diner; The Bank, a trendy dance club; and Cafe Republic, a Russian-themed caviar and vodka bar.
- Steak 954 - Ft. Lauderdale. Opened April 30, 2009. Boutique Steak House inside the Largest W Hotel.
- Makoto - Bal Harbour. Modern Japanese.
- Verde at Perez Art Museum Miami launched in December of 2013.
- The Continental - Opened September 1995. Restored stainless steel 1960s diner located in the Old City section. The restaurant offers cocktails and global tapas.
- Buddakan - Opened 1998. Chef is Scott Swiderski.
- Pod - Opened October 2000. Original chef was Michael Schulson.
- Alma De Cuba - Opened April 2001. Chef Douglas Rodriguez.
- Morimoto - Opened October 2001. Co-owned by Chef Morimoto of Iron Chef fame. Ranked 18th in 2011 Philadelphia magazine "50 Best Places to Eat Right Now." 
- El Vez - Opened November 2003.
- Continental Midtown - Opened July 2004.
- Barclay Prime - Opened October 2004. Chef Jeff Froehler.
- Jones -
- Parc - Opened July 14, 2008. French cafe, bistro, brasserie. Chef Anthony Goodwin.
- Butcher & Singer - Opened October 27, 2008. High-end steakhouse. Ranked 19th in 2011 Philadelphia magazine "50 Best Places to Eat Right Now." 
- Squareburger - burger stand located in Franklin Square
- Pizzeria Stella - 2nd and Lombard, Philadelphia. Chef Shane Solomon.
- El Rey - Opened April 25, 2010. Chef Dionicio Jimenez.
- The Dandelion - Opened January 1, 2011. English pub. Chef Robert Aikens
- Talula's Garden - Opened April 13, 2011. Chef Sean McPaul.
- Frankford Hall - Opened May 17, 2011. German beer hall, beer garden. Chef James Davidson
- Il Pittore - Opened October 2011, 2025 Sansom St., Modern Italian. Chef Chris Painter.
- Granite Hill, French Café, Chef Gerald Drummond Located in the Philadelphia Art Museum.
- Fette Sau
New York City
- Morimoto (opened subsequent to the establishment of the Philadelphia location)
- Caffe Storico opened December 2011
- El Vez
- Continental - located in Caesar's Pier
- Buddakan - located in Caesar's Pier
Le Diplomate - opened April 2013, located at 14th & Q Streets, NW, in Logan Circle. Executive Chef Michael Abt.
- Hybird opened May 16th 2013 (in Chelsea Market co-owned by Questlove )
- Cafe Republic
- Tangerine - (January 2000-August 2009)
- Washington Square (June 2004-November 2007) - Head chef was Marcus Samuelsson.
- Striped Bass (November 2003 (when purchased) - June 2008)
- Angelina (2003–2005) - 1960's Italian
- L'Ange Bleu (Blue Angel) (September 1999 – 2003) - Authentic French cuisine
- Route 6 (2011 - 2014) - Seafood. Chef Anthony DiRienzo.
Rumored (Did not happen)
- Unnamed diner located at old Broad Street - No longer a plan due to environmental issues
- Chef & Restaurant Database
- Starr Restaurants
- "50 Best Places to Eat Right Now" Philadelphia
- "New Chef at Barclay Prime" Philly Eater
- "Tops at Comfort Food Fest: Foie gras pierogi" Philly.com The Insider
- "Starr Strikes again in Rittenhouse" Philadelphia Inquirer, Michael Klein
- "Washington Square 86ed", Philadelphia Inquirer, Michael Klein
- Philadelphia Inquirer
- City Paper
- "Happiness Comes In Many Forms at Starr’s Route 6 and Vetri’s Alla Spina" Grub Street Philadelphia