Stephen Thomas Erlewine
|Stephen Thomas Erlewine|
June 18, 1973 |
Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
|Other names||Tom Erlewine
|Alma mater||University of Michigan|
|Known for||Music critic|
|Relatives||Michael Erlewine (uncle)|
Stephen Thomas "Tom" Erlewine (born June 18, 1973, Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States) is an American music critic and senior editor for AllMusic. He is the author of many artist biographies and record reviews for AllMusic, as well as a freelance writer, occasionally contributing liner notes. He is also the frontman and guitarist for the Ann Arbor-based band, Who Dat?
Erlewine is a nephew of the former musician and AllMusic founder Michael Erlewine. He studied at the University of Michigan, where he majored in English, was a music editor (1993–1994), and then arts editor (1994–1995), of the school's paper The Michigan Daily. He has contributed to a number of books, including All Music Guide to Rock: The Definitive Guide to Rock, Pop, and Soul, and All Music Guide to Hip-Hop: The Definitive Guide to Rap & Hip-Hop.
- Credits for Stephen Thomas Erlewine at AllMusic. Retrieved 2012-05-11.
- Who Dat? at AllMusic. Retrieved 2012-05-11.
- Jenkins, Terry. Biography of Michael Erlewine at AllMusic. Retrieved 2012-05-11.
- "All Music Guide to Rock - 3rd Edition". Backbeat Books. Hal Leonard Books. Retrieved April 24, 2011.
- "All Music Guide to Hip-Hop". Backbeat Books. Hal Leonard Books. Retrieved April 24, 2011.
|This biographical article related to music journalism in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|