Gravesend, Kent, England
|Known for||Gothic, fine and silver jewellery|
|Labels||Stephen Webster, Garrard|
He was born in Gravesend, Kent in the southeast part of England, the son of a draftsman, and educated at Gravesend Grammar School and the Medway College of Design (now the University for the Creative Arts, Rochester).
Webster opened a store in London in 1994, and by 2008 had 20 international boutiques. Today the London flagship boutique is on Mount Street. The designer is known for gothic, rock and roll, and steam punk styles of fine and silver jewellery.
Reportedly Webster and Burkle were introduced by mutual friend Christina Aguilera. Previously, in 2006, Burkle purchased Garrard from Lawrence Stroll and Silas Chou, reportedly for between $20–30 million.
In 2007, Stephen was awarded an honorary Master of Arts degree from the University for the Creative Arts.
- Menkes, Suzy (8 December 2008). "New York Times, Dec 12, 2008 - Stephen Webster of Garrard's: The crown hipster of jewelry". The New York Times.
- Walsh, John (17 December 2011). "The Independent (UK), Dec 17, 2011 - Rock On". London.
- "High 50, June 7, 2012 - Stephen Webster: jewellery’s rough diamond is frightfully smart".
- "WWD June 8, 2007 - Burkle Links with Stephen Webster".
- Noon, Chris (21 March 2006). "Forbes March 21, 2006 - Billionaire Burkle Buys U.K. Crown Jeweller".
- "American City Business Journals June 11, 2007 - Garrard: Jade Out, Stephen Webster In".
- The London Gazette: . 29 December 2012.