Steppin' Out (Cleopatra album)
|Studio album by Cleopatra|
|Released|| 22 August 2000
|Genre||R&B, pop, soul|
|Producer||Jam & Lewis, Stargate, Dallas Austin, Daryl Simmons|
Steppin' Out is the second and last album to be released by Cleopatra. The album was released on 22 August 2000 by Maverick Records.
The first single to be released from the album in the U.K was "Come And Get Me", U.S "U Got It and "Yes, This Party's Going Right" in Japan.
Cleo Higgins was the main songwriter on the album which was also co-written with her bandmates and sisters and her mother.
Making the album
Writing and recording
After the success of their debut Comin' Atcha! and gaining attention in the U.S., including a Top 40 entry for "Cleopatra's Theme," the girls entered the studio to start work on their then-untitled second album. The girls decided the direction of this album would be R&B and not pop like their first album. Cleo again was the main songwriter having penned the entire first album and her sister and band mates are credited as co-writers.
Employing a variety of production teams including Cutfather & Joe, Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis Stargate and bass guitarist and background vocalist Debra Killings. The album was recorded at various U.S. and U.K. locations as well as in Norway and Denmark.
- Press Here to Start
- U Got It
- Take Me Now (Stop, Stop...)
- Sweat Me
- Nobody Said
- Come and Get Me
- Questions and Jealousy
- Who's Your Woman
- Bingo My Love
- Yes, This Party's Going Right
- All Talk and No Action (Steppin' Out - Japanese Release)
- You Can't Be in My Life (Steppin' Out - Japanese & Canadian Release)
- Number One Fan (Steppin' Out - Japanese & Canadian Release)
- Come And Get Me UK Top 40 - 26 June 2000
- U Got It U.S Top 75 - 8 August 2000
- Yes, This Party's Going Right - 27 February 2001