Steps to Christ
|Author||Ellen G. White|
|Subject||Establishing a personal relationship with Jesus Christ|
|Publisher||Fleming H. Revell Company|
|Part of a series on|
Seventh-day Adventist portal
Steps to Christ is an evangelistic book written by Ellen G. White, co-founder and prophetess of the Seventh-day Adventist Church. It was first published in 1892 by Fleming H. Revell Company. The copyright was purchased by Seventh-day Adventist publisher Review and Herald Publishing Association in 1892, and was first printed there in 1896. A new first chapter, "God's Love for Man" was added per request of the Seventh-day Adventist publishing house in the United Kingdom (Stanborough Press) in 1893 in order to secure a copyright. This is perhaps the most popular and widely read book by the author, printed in more than 150 languages worldwide.
Steps to Christ discusses how to come to know Jesus Christ at a personal level. It covers the topics of repentance, confession, faith, acceptance, growing into Christ, and prayer.
Steps to Christ has been widely published by the Review and Herald Publishing Association and Pacific Press in multiple printings and by other publishers under public domain. Various titles have been distributed over the years with different cover illustrations. Other known titles include Happiness Digest, The Road to Redemption, The Path to Peace and in Spanish El Camino a Cristo.
Versions containing inset boxes with additional inserted comments have been published for youth.
"Project Steps to Christ" is an attempt to mail a paperback copy to every household in the United States. As of November 2008 over 18 million copies have been distributed in this effort. A similar project is underway in Bulgaria with the expectation of one million copies distributed.
- "Adventist Review: The Ellen G. White Estate". Adventist Review. Retrieved 2011-05-02.
- "Project Mailing Update". Retrieved 2008-11-09.[dead link]
- Genchev, Hristo (January–March 2007). "Steps to Christ into Every Bulgarian Home" (PDF). The Publishing Leader's Digest (Takoma Park, Maryland, USA: General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists, Publishing Ministries Department) (1): p. 3. Retrieved 2008-11-09.
- Steps to Christ online at the official Ellen G. White Estate website
- Steps to Christ audiobook free download
- 1892 Steps to Christ
|This Seventh-day Adventist-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|