|Date of birth||17 September 1987|
|Place of birth||Kos, Greece|
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|Playing position||Right-back, Midfielder|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 29 November 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
Youth career & Atromitos
He was born on the Greek island of Kos and started his career in 2001 at local team Asklipios Ko. In 2004 he moved to Nikea-based club Chalkidona and when Chalkidona merged with Atromitos, he was transferred to the latter.
On 24 August 2009, Marinos signed a contract with Panathinaikos as a replacement for Bryce Moon, who was sent away on loan to PAOK the same year. It was agreed that Atromitos would receive a fee of €200K. He joined Panathinaikos a week later, on 31 August, and made his league debut on 13 September 2009 in an away game against Panthrakikos, playing a full 90 minutes.
Marinos is a former Greece under-19 international. In 2010, he was called in Greek national team by Otto Rehhagel, without played in a match eventually. He was called again by Fernando Santos and he made his debut for the senior team on 11 August 2010 during a friendly match against Serbia, coming as a late substitute.
- As of 25 July 2014 
|2013–14||Charleroi||Belgian Pro League||17||0||1||0||0||0||18||0|
- "Stergos Marinos biography" (in Greek). Stergos Marinos' official website. Retrieved 13 April 2012.
- "Πρωταθλητής ο Ατρόμητος (Atromitos are champions)" (in Greek). in.gr. May 18, 2009. }
- «Πράσινος» ο Μαρίνος Το Έθνος (in Greek)
- Livanios, Savvas (1 September 2009). "Ξέμειναν τέσσερις (Four players left)". Eleftherotypia (in Greek).
- Moschas, Sokratis; Christoforou, Giorgos (31 August 2009). "Στον ΠΑΟΚ ο Μουν, Παιανία οι Μαρίνος... Μάντζιος (Moon to PAOK, Marinos and Mantzios to Paiania)" (in Greek). Sport24.
- "Κακός ο Παναθηναϊκός, νίκησε δύσκολα τον Πανθρακικό 1-0 (Bad Panathinaikos, they struggled to win Panthrakikos 1-0)" (in Greek). Eleftherotypia. 13 September 2009.
- Livanios, Savvas (26 April 2010). "Το "αφεντικό" σφίγγει το ζωνάρι... (The "boss" tightens the strings)". Eleftherotypia (in Greek).
- Η nouvelle vague της Εθνικής contra.gr (in Greek)
- nooz.gr Εθνική: Οι 30 του Ρεχάγκελ! (in Greek)
- "Νικηφόρο ντεμπούτο Σάντος στον πάγκο της Εθνικής (Victorious debut for Santos on the bench of Greece)" (in Greek). Eleftherotypia. 11 August 2010.
- Τρία νέα πρόσωπα και μια επιστροφή στην Εθνική Ελευθεροτυπία (in Greek)
- Τα νέα πρόσωπα του Σάντος sport24.gr (in Greek)
- "Stergos Marinos profile". Soccerway. Retrieved 13 April 2012.