Steve + Sky
Steve is a small time drug runner, sentenced to time in prison when he is caught after his girlfriend accidentally rear-ends a police van. While in prison he meets Jean-Claude, a wheelchair user, and together they agree to start stealing motorcycles after they are both released.
Sky is a drifter, employed in a series of part-time jobs including prostitute and factory worker.
There are two encounters between the two, both while at a bowling alley, before they first meet formally, at a brothel that Jean-Claude has opened, as Sky is a friend of Jean-Claude's daughter Charlotte.
The two start a casual relationship, but Sky seems to be genuinely in love whereas Steve if less committed. Steve plans to move to Slovenia with Jean-Claude to start a business, but it is ambiguous as to whether they actually make it.
The film ends with Steve almost running over Sky while she is dancing across a pedestrian crossing and he is speeding in a stolen motorbike.
- Titus De Voogdt as Steve
- Delfine Bafort as Sky
- Johan Heldenbergh as Jean-Claude
- Romy Bollion as Charlotte
- Wine Dierickx as Nikita
Awards and nominations
- Joseph Plateau Awards:
- Best Belgian Actor (Titus De Voogdt, nominated)
- Best Belgian Actor (Johan Heldenbergh, nominated)
- Best Belgian Composer (Soulwax, won)
- Best Belgian Director (Felix Van Groeningen, nominated)
- Best Belgian Film (won)
- Best Belgian Screenplay (Felix Van Groeningen, nominated)
|This article related to a Belgian film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|