|Birth name||Steven Angello Josefsson Fragogiannis|
22 November 1982 |
|Genres||House, progressive house, electro house, tech house|
|Occupation(s)||DJ, producer, remixer, label owner|
|Labels||Size Records, X, Columbia|
|Associated acts||Swedish House Mafia, Sebastian Ingrosso, Axwell, AN21, Max Vangeli, Third Party, Matisse & Sadko, Laidback Luke, Dimitri Vangelis & Wyman|
Steve Angello (born Steven Angello Josefsson Fragogiannis; 22 November 1982) is a Greek-Swedish disc jockey, record producer and record label owner. Angello was a member of Swedish House Mafia, together with Axwell and Sebastian Ingrosso.
- 1 Biography
- 2 Background
- 3 Personal life
- 4 Size Records
- 5 Discography
- 6 Singles
- 7 References
- 8 External links
He started out as a Turntablist, fusing hip-hop, breakbeats and 1970s classics. By his late teens, Angello began getting into electronic music. Angello discovered House music through the club scene in Stockholm together with his best friend Sebastian Ingrosso, whilst listening to Da Funk. He was quoted to have "had a musical orgasm listening to this (song)."
Angello's claim to fame came when he released his remix of Eurythmics "Sweet Dreams" in late 2004. Since then, he has established himself in the house music scene with such signature Beatport tracks as "KNAS", "Rave n' Roll" and "Yeah". He also accompanied his size edits for Junior Sanchez and Tim Mason, and made notable remix of the Robin S. track, "Show Me Love". Steve Angello is a prolific producer, with remixes for Pendulum's 'The Island' alongside industry peers Max Vangeli and AN21 and his own cut of Alex Metric's 'Open Your Eyes'. As a producer, his style can mainly be classified as house music with theatrical and epic themes.
Angello has produced under several different aliases. On his own, he has called himself Who's Who and released tracks called "Not So Dirty" and "Sexy Fuck". He often works closely with his childhood friend Sebastian Ingrosso on many projects. Aside from DJing together, they have also produced under the names Buy Now, Fireflies, General Moders, Mode Hookers, Outfunk, and The Sinners.
He has produced with Eric Prydz under the name A&P Project. Also, he has created a track with his friend Axwell under the name Supermongo, later renamed Supermode. They made a cover of an old Bronski Beat track, calling it "Tell Me Why". This was released via Ministry of Sound's Data Records imprint in summer 2006. He is also famous for "Open Your Eyes", a FIFA 12 track since the release on 13 September of FIFA 12.
Steve Angello was also a member of Swedish House Mafia, which is composed of him, Sebastian Ingrosso, and Axwell. Under "Swedish House Mafia", they have produced hits such as "Save the World", "Antidote", "Greyhound", "One","Miami 2 Ibiza", and "Don't You Worry Child".
He also owns his own record label, Size Records, which houses many artists including Tim Mason, Qulinez, Third Party, Junior Sanchez, AN21 & Max Vangeli and supports releases by Tommy Trash, Arno Cost, Marcus Schossow, Moguai, Ivan Gough, Henrix, and Wayne & Woods.
Angello's brother, Antoine Josefsson, is also a DJ and producer who goes by the name of AN21. Together they have released the tracks "Valodja", "Flonko" & "Swing N Swoosh" and "GODS", along with Sebjak. Steve Angello often tours with his brother and with his brother's partner, American DJ and producer Max Vangeli. Together AN21 & Max Vangeli, as they're more commonly known as, released the first non-compilation studio album in Size Records entitled People of the Night.
Steve Angello is married to Swedish model and TV personality Isabel Adrian and they have two daughters, Monday-Lily, born in 2010 and Winter-Rose born on 6 April 2012. He currently resides part-time in Los Angeles.
|Genre||Electro house, progressive house, tech house, house, techno|
|Country of origin||Sweden|
|Location||Los Angeles, California USA|
As well as releasing tracks through Subliminal, Data Records, Cr2 and Refune, and producing for Interscope Records, Angello is owner and founder of Size Records based in Stockholm, Sweden established in 2003. Through Size he has released singles such as Gypsy, Isabel and Flonko to name a few. Size also represents artists such as Tim Mason, Funkagenda, Max Vangeli, Third Party, Qulinez, Wayne & Woods, Tiësto, Deadmau5, Laidback Luke, Sander van Doorn, Kris Menace, Kim Fai, Veerus, Thomas Gold, AN21, Avicii, Marcus Schossow, Boris Rush and Maxie Devine.
During 2012, it was noted that:
The Size Records family have had an exceptional summer. Spearheaded by Steve Angello, the roster have joined forces to play some of their biggest shows yet from Ushuaia in Ibiza to Central Park, NY.
In that year also, Angello launched a new venture – Size TV, in which Angello "is allowing cameras to capture his personal life as well as the extended Size Records family. The monthly video series will document everything from the creative process that goes into developing dance floor hits to what its like to get word from Steve that you are signing a track to Size."
Also in March 2013, Steve Angello launched X, being regarded as Size's sister label. The new label X is more focused on tech house than Size. The first release on X was an EP by Trent Cantrelle called Nice and Close.
In August 2013 Size Records observed its tenth anniversary with "SLVR" (pronounced "Silver"), a collaboration with Russian production duo Matisse & Sadko. It was the 100th release on the Size label.
In January 2014, the Size Records website and artwork had been redesigned. All album artwork now uses Trade Gothic Bold Extended, which was a choice made by Size's design team Rebels Studios, who have worked with Steve for years.
In March 2014, Size Records celebrated 10 years by giving away the first 100 releases for free via Google Play in the US, and through WeTransfer & Box internationally.
In a summary video of the #DECADE event, Steve had said he is looking to expand the label into further genres, once it "becomes solid". He has also recently announced he has hired a brand-new team, and has had talks with Scooter Braun. “Scooter is great. He’s very, very hungry. He’s one of the few guys in the music industry that really thinks outside the box. He thinks different…. and we think alike. He’s great and we’re doing some fun stuff together that I can’t really say now.”
When asked about the future of Size records Steve had said “We’re at that point where we don’t care about the trophy, we just care about the fight. Our focus isn’t to make money, our focus is to be creative and have shit loads of fun.” “I’m not done yet, I’ve just started. I haven’t even put in the second gear yet.”
- Presents Tracks (2003)
- Tribal Mix, Vol. 2 (2004)
- Ibiza 4AM (with Sebastian Ingrosso) (2005)
- Stadium Electro (2007)
- The Yearbook (2009)
- Size : First Dimension (2009)
- Size Matters (with AN21) (2010)
- Until One (with Axwell & Sebastian Ingrosso as Swedish House Mafia) (2010)
- Until Now (with Axwell & Sebastian Ingrosso as Swedish House Mafia) (2012)
- Wild Youth (2014)
- #DECADE (2014) (Size Records) (four disc set through Google Play, and free download through WeTransfer & Box)
As lead artist
|Year||Title & Credits||Peak Charts||Album|
|AUS||NED||FRA||UK||BEL (Fl.)||BEL (Wa.)||IRL||SUI||GER||AUS||ESP||FIN||DAN|
|2005||"Woz Not Woz"
(with Eric Prydz)
|2006||"Tell Me Why"
(with Axwell as Supermode)
|2007||"Everytime We Touch"
(with David Guetta & Sebastian Ingrosso featuring Chris Willis)
(with Sebastian Ingrosso)
(with Laidback Luke)
|2008||"Show Me Love"
(with Laidback Luke featuring Robin S.)
as Swedish House Mafia (with Axwell & Sebastian Ingrosso)
(For full list and chart positions, see Swedish House Mafia discography)
- 2007 : "Get Dumb" (with Laidback Luke)
- 2009 : "Leave the World Behind" (with Laidback Luke featuring Deborah Cox)
- 2010 : "One"
- 2010 : "One (Your Name)" (featuring Pharrell Williams)
- 2010 : "Miami 2 Ibiza" (Instrumental Mix)
- 2010 : "Miami 2 Ibiza" (Swedish House Mafia vs. Tinie Tempah)
- 2011 : "Save The World" (featuring John Martin)
- 2011 : "Antidote" (Swedish House Mafia vs. Knife Party)
- 2012 : "Greyhound"
- 2012 : "Don't You Worry Child" (featuring John Martin)
as Steve Angello
- 2014 : Shadow Robbery (S-A vs Hill Cess) feat. Danyka Nadeau
- 2014 : Wasted Love (feat. Dougy from The Temper Trap)
- 2014 : Feel (feat. Dan Reynolds) - (unreleased)
- 2014 : Feel At Home (With You) (feat. John Martin) - (unreleased)
- 2014 : Let Me Go (feat. Dougy Mandangi) - (unreleased)
- 2014 : Children of the Wild (feat. Mako) - (unreleased)
- 2014 : Sentido (Steve Angello, Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike) - (unreleased)
- 2014 : Gods (S-A (Steve Angello), AN21 & Sebjak)
- 2014 : Payback (Steve Angello, Dimitri Vangelis & Wyman)
- 2013 : SLVR (Steve Angello vs. Matisse & Sadko)
- 2013 : I/O (Steve Angello vs. Wayne & Woods)
- 2012 : Lights (Steve Angello & Third Party)
- 2012 : Yeah
- 2012 : H8RS (Steve Angello vs. AN21 & Max Vangeli)
- 2011 : Open Your Eyes (Steve Angello & Alex Metric) feat. Ian Brown
- 2010 : Rave N' Roll
- 2009 : Valodja (Steve Angello & AN21)
- 2009 : Tivoli
- 2009 : Monday
- 2009 : Isabel
- 2009 : Flonko (Steve Angello & AN21)
- 2009 : Alpha Baguera
- 2009 : La Candela Viva
- 2009 : Rolling
- 2008 : Partouze (Steve Angello & Sebastian Ingrosso)
- 2008 : Gypsy
- 2008 : 555 (Steve Angello & Sebastian Ingrosso)
- 2007 : Tricky
- 2007 : Sansation
- 2007 : Be (Steve Angello & Laidback Luke)
- 2006 : Teasing Mr. Charlie / Straight
- 2006 : Otherwize Then (Steve Angello & Laidback Luke)
- 2005 : 82–83 (Steve Angello & Sebastian Ingrosso)
- 2005 : In Beat (Steve Angello vs. Fuzzy Hair)
- 2005 : Yeah (Steve Angello & Sebastian Ingrosso)
- 2005 : Euro
- 2005 : Acid
- 2004 : The Look (I Feel Sexy) (Steve Angello & Eric Prydz)
- 2004 : Groove in You (Steve Angello & Dave Armstrong)
- 2004 : Humanity 2 Men
- 2004 : Summer Noize
- 2004 : The Rain
- 2004 : Tribal Inc.
- 2004 : Sansation
- 2004 : Funked
- 2004 : Wear It Out
- 2004 : Yourself
- 2004 : Yo Yo Kidz (Steve Angello & Sebastian Ingrosso)
- 2004 : Only Man
- 2004 : Voices
- 2003 : Fresh Coffee
- 2003 : Oche
- 2003 : Close 2 Pleasure
- 2003 : Player
- 2003 : Push Em' Up
- 2003 : Dirty Pleasure
- 2003 : Rhythm Style
- 2003 : Young as Funk
- 2002 : Bedtime Stories (Steve Angello & Eric Prydz) (unreleased)
as Who's Who?
- 2008 : Klack
- 2006 : Sexy F**k
- 2005 : Lipstick
- 2005 : Copycat
- 2005 : Not So Dirty
as The Sinners (with Sebastian Ingrosso)
- 2003 : Under Pressure
- 2003 : Sad Girls
- 2003 : Keep on Pressing
- 2003 : One Feeling
as Outfunk (with Sebastian Ingrosso)
- 2003 : Lost in Music
- 2003 : Echo Vibes
- 2003 : I Am The One
- 2003 : All I Can Take
- 2003 : Bumper
as Other Names
- 2003 : A&P Project (Steve Angello & Eric Prydz) – Sunrize
- 2004 : General Moders (Steve Angello & Sebastian Ingrosso) – Cross The Sky
- 2004 : Mode Hookers (Steve Angello & Sebastian Ingrosso) – Swing Me Daddy
- 2005 : Buy Now – For Sale (Steve Angello & Sebastian Ingrosso)
- 2005 : Buy Now – Bodycrash (Steve Angello & Sebastian Ingrosso)
- 2006 : Supermode – Tell Me Why (Steve Angello & Axwell)
- 2007 : Sunfreakz – Counting Down The Days (Steve Angello & Axwell)
- 2008 : Buy Now! – Body Crash (Steve Angello & Sebastian Ingrosso)
- 2008 : Mescal Kid – Magic
- 2009 : Mescal Kid – Do You Want It ?
- 2007 : David Guetta featuring Cozi - "Baby When the Light"
- 2007 : Fireflies featuring Alexandra Prince - "I Can't Get Enough"
- 2009 : Kid Sister - "Right Hand Hi"
- 2011 : Nicole Scherzinger - "Don't Hold Your Breath"
- 2011 : Taio Cruz - "Troublemaker"
- 2011 : Taio Cruz - "Shotcaller"
- 2011 : Taio Cruz - "Positive"
- 2012 : Marina and the Diamonds - Power & Control
- 2012 : will.i.am featuring Eva Simons - "This Is Love"
- 2012 : Usher - "Numb"
- 2012 : Usher - "Euphoria"
- 2014 - London Grammar - Hey Now (Arty Remix x S-A Ibiza Edit)
- 2014 - Coldplay - Sky Full Of Stars (Prod. by Avicii) (S-A Ibiza Edit)
- 2013 - Chase & Status - Count On Me (Steve Angello Remix)
- 2013 - Depeche Mode - Soothe My Soul (Steve Angello vs. Jacques Lu Cont Remix)
- 2011 – Nero – Me & You (Steve Angello Remix)
- 2011 – Nari & Milani – Kendo (Steve Angello Edit)
- 2011 – Tim Mason – The Moment (Steve Angello Edit)
- 2010 – Congorock – Babylon (Steve Angello Edit)
- 2010 – Pendulum – The Island (Steve Angello, AN21 & Max Vangeli Remix)
- 2010 – Magnetic Man – Perfect Stranger (Steve Angello Remix)
- 2010 – Cheryl Cole & will.i.am – 3 Words (Steve Angello Remix)
- 2010 – Junior Sanchez, Alexander Technique – Where You Are (feat. Shawnee Taylor) (Steve Angello Edit)
- 2009 – Christian Smith & John Selway – Move!
- 2009 – Kim Fai – P.O.V
- 2008 – Flash Brothers – Palmito (Steve Angello RMX)
- 2008 – Tocadisco – Da Fuckin' Noize (Steve Angello Remix)
- 2007 – Robbie Rivera – One Eye Shut (Angello & Ingrosso Remix)
- 2007 – Hard-Fi – Suburban Knights (Angello & Ingrosso Remix)
- 2007 – Fergie – London Bridge
- 2007 – Robyn With Kleerup – With Every Heartbeat (Steve Angello Dub)
- 2006 – Laidback Luke Feat. Stephen Granville – Hypnotize (Steve Angello Remix)
- 2006 – Ultra DJ's – Me & U (Steve Angello & Sebastian Ingrosso Edit)
- 2006 – Justin Timberlake – My Love (Angello & Ingrosso Remix)
- 2006 – Innersphere Aka Shinedoe – Phunk (Steve Angello Re-Edit)
- 2005 – In-N-Out – EQ-Lizer (Angello & Ingrosso Remix)
- 2005 – Alex Neri – Housetrack
- 2005 – MBG & SDS – New Jack
- 2005 – Steve Lawler – That Sound (Angello & Ingrosso Remix)
- 2005 – Robbie Rivera & StoneBridge – One Eye Shut (Steve Angello & Sebastian Ingrosso Remix)
- 2005 – Naughty Queen – Famous & Rich (Angello & Ingrosso Remix)
- 2005 – Moby – Raining Again
- 2005 – Sahara – Everytime I Feel It (Steve Angello Remix)
- 2005 – Roman Flügel – Geht's Noch ?
- 2005 – Deep Dish – Say Hello (Angello & Ingrosso Remix)
- 2005 – Röyksopp – 49 Percent (Angello & Ingrosso Remix)
- 2005 – DJ Rooster & Sammy Peralta – Shake It (Steve Angello Mix)
- 2005 – Full Blown – Some Kinda Freak (Who's Who Re-edit)
- 2005 – Armand Van Helden feat. Tekitha Presents Sahara – Everytime I Feel It
- 2004 – Benjamin Bates – Whole (The Steve Angello Mixes)
- 2004 – Eric Prydz – Call on Me (Angello & Ingrosso Remix)
- 2004 – Phase 2 – Voodoo Love
- 2004 – Eurythmics – Sweet Dreams (Steve Angello Remix)
- 2004 – Room 5 – U Got Me
- 2004 – Mohito – Slip Away
- 2004 – Touché – She's at the Club / The Body Clap
- 2004 – DJ Rooster & Sammy Peralta – Shake It
- 2004 – DJ Luccio – No Fear
- 2004 – DJ Flex And Sandy W – Love For You (Angello & Ingrosso Remix)
- 2004 – Magnolia – It's All Vain (Steve Angello Remix)
- 2004 – Deepgroove – Electrik / Diva (In My House)
- 2003 – Gadjo – So Many Times
- 2003 – Arcade Mode – Your Love (Angello & Ingrosso Remix)
- 2003 – StoneBridge – Put 'Em High (Steve Angello & Sebastian Ingrosso Remix)
- 2003 – Aerosol feat. Anne Murillo – Let The Music Play
- Bruce Tantum, "Interview: EDM Kingpin Steve Angello Plays Central Park," TimeOut: New York, September 18, 2012
- Kia Makarechi, "Steve Angello On Why Swedish House Mafia Broke Up, New Music & What New Fans Don't Understand," Huffington Post, September 14, 2012
- Jose D. Duran, "Max Vangeli Talks New Year's Eve With Tiësto, Sexy Beats, and Ultra vs. WMC," Miami New Times, December 30, 2010
- Joakim Wedholm, "Isabel Adrian och Steve Angello har gift sig," Klick! (undated — in Swedish)
- Discogs http://www.discogs.com/label/Size%20Records
|url=missing title (help). Retrieved 22 November 2013.
- Juliette Mutzke-Felippelli, "Size TV Launches With Steve Angello," MixMag.net
- Kern Mason, "Steve Angello, Junior Sanchez Launch New Size Imprint: Exclusive," Billboard, March 5, 2013
- Nicole Mastrogiannis, "Steve Angello teams up with Matisse & Sadko on 'SLVR,'" 1037.The.Q
- Angello, Steve. "#DECADE 01 - INTRODUCTION". YouTube. Steve Angello. Retrieved 3 May 2014.
- Angello, Steve. "#DECADE 05 - SUMMARY". YouTube. Steve Angello. Retrieved 3 May 2014.
- Farella, Dylan. "The New Size: Steve Angello rebuilds team, prepares for new album, puts creativity at the core". Dancing Astronaut. Dancing Astronaut. Retrieved 10 May 2014.
- Steve Angello website
- Size Records website
- Steve Angello discography at Discogs
- Steve Angello on Facebook
- Steve Angello on Myspace
- Steve Angello on Twitter
- Steve Angello on Instagram
- Isabel Adrian on Swedish Wikipedia
- Interview: Size Records' Wayne And Woods Talk Henrix Electro Collab "Jumangee" (July 3, 2013)