||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2010)|
|Born||Stephen James Doocy
October 19, 1956
Algona, Iowa, US
|Occupation||Co-host of Fox & Friends
(Fox News Channel) political commentator, author, journalist, television personality
|Spouse(s)||Kathy Gerrity Doocy|
Doocy was born in Algona, Iowa, and raised in Abilene, Kansas. He attended Kansan grade schools in Russell, Salina and Industry. He went to junior high in Wakefield and high school in Clay Center, Kansas. He graduated from the University of Kansas, in Lawrence, with a BS in Journalism. He was the first on-air DJ for KJHK radio, the student operated radio station at 90.7 FM in Lawrence, KS.
Prior to joining the Fox News Channel, Doocy anchored the morning newscast on CBS-TV's flagship station, WCBS-TV, in New York City. Previously, he was the co-host of Wake Up America on NBC cable and host of the nationally syndicated program House Party with Steve Doocy, a remake of the 1960s Art Linkletter show, and the host of the syndicated kids' series Not Just News. For six years, Doocy was the Emmy Award-winning features reporter for WRC, in Washington, D.C., and the NBC Television Stations division. His early television posts included news reporter positions in Kansas City, Wichita, Topeka, Kansas as well as Des Moines, Iowa.
Doocy was the live Times Square reporter on Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve, on ABC-TV, for four ball drops and in 2004 helped launch Fox News Channel's New Year's Eve special, All American New Year, which is currently hosted by Bill Hemmer and Megyn Kelly.
Doocy has written two New York Times bestsellers. The first is about marriage and family life entitled, The Mr. and Mrs. Happy Handbook. The second is about fatherhood entitled, Tales from the Dad Side. When asked why he wrote the book, he told The 700 Club, "I wanted to write that book just to show that dads are out there we don't know exactly what we're doing. We're doing our best and we love our kids. There aren't so many books for guys. It's not like we get a lot of advice from our dads, 'Just hold him still; he’ll stop crying.' And, ad lib – what I learned early is that while guys like to have plans, you should plan to ad lib. There's a lot of ad libbing in the dad department." Both books are published by William Morrow and Company, a division of HarperCollins.
- https://cumission.org/nid234-news_details.htm[dead link]
- "Bio". FOXNews.com. Retrieved September 29, 2010.
- The 700 Club – Steve Doocy: A Fresh Look at Fatherhood
- Spelling, Ian. "Putting Down Roots: Fox & Friends co-anchor Steve Doocy is right at home in Bergen", (201) magazine, February 1, 2010. Accessed September 20, 2011. "Steve Doocy was born in Iowa, raised in Kansas, works in Manhattan, and lives in NJ with his wife, Kathy, and their three children, Peter, Mary and Sally."
- Fox and Friends: "Timothy Cardinal Dolan on the meaning of Christmas" December 24, 2013 | Minute 3:30 of interview: "I'm Catholic. I'm a lector in our church"