Steve Gordon (cricketer)
|Full name||Steve Constantine Gordon|
22 November 1967 |
|Bowling style||Right-arm medium pace|
|Domestic team information|
|First-class debut||5 April 1988 Jamaica v Lancashire|
|Last First-class||31 August 2005 Cayman Islands v Canada|
|List A debut||11 October 2000 Cayman Islands v Guyana|
|Last List A||17 October 2000 Cayman Islands v Windward Islands|
|Source: , 9 September 2007|
Steve Constantine Gordon (born 22 November 1967 in Jamaica) is a Cayman Islands cricketer. A right-handed batsman and right-arm medium-pace bowler, he has played for the Cayman Islands national cricket team since 2000, having previously represented Jamaica.
Life and sports
Steve Gordon first played cricket for his native Jamaica in April 1988, playing a first-class match against Lancashire. He played just one more game for Jamaica, another first-class match, this time against the Windward Islands in February 1994.
He first played for the Cayman Islands in August 2000, making his debut against the USA at the Maple Leaf Cricket Club in the ICC Americas Championship. He made his List A debut that October, playing for the Cayman Islands against Guyana, Bermuda, the Leeward Islands and the Windward Islands in Antigua.
He played in the following two Americas Championship tournaments; in 2002, when the Cayman Islands finished as runners-up, and in 2004, when the Caymans finished fourth. He next played for the Cayman Islands in February 2005 when he played in the repêchage tournament for the 2005 ICC Trophy in Kuala Lumpur with the Caymans finishing in 5th place after beating Kuwait in a play-off.
He returned to first-class cricket in August 2005, playing two matches for the Cayman Islands in the 2005 ICC Intercontinental Cup at the Toronto Cricket, Skating and Curling Club against Bermuda and Canada. In July the following year, he played in the inaugural Stanford 20/20 tournament, playing two matches against the Bahamas and Trinidad & Tobago before the Cayman Islands were knocked out. He played in the Americas Championship the following month, winning the man of the match award against Canada as the Caymans finished fourth ahead of Argentina.
He most recently played for the Cayman Islands in Division Three of the World Cricket League in Darwin, Australia, with the Cayman Islands finishing fourth after losing a play-off to Papua New Guinea.
- Cricinfo profile
- Cricket Archive profile
- Teams played for by Steve Gordon at Cricket Archive
- First-class matches played by Steve Gordon at Cricket Archive
- Other matches played by Steve Gordon at Cricket Archive
- List A matches played by Steve Gordon at Cricket Archive
- 2002 Americas Championship points table at Cricket Archive
- 2004 Americas Championship points table at Cricket Archive
- Scorecard of Cayman Islands v Kuwait, 27 February 2005 at Cricket Archive
- Twenty20 matches played by Steve Gordon at Cricket Archive
- Matches in which Steve Gordon won an award at Cricket Archive
- 2006 ICC Americas Championship points table at Cricket Archive
- Squads for 2007 ICC World Cricket League Division Three at CricketEurope
- 2007 ICC World Cricket League Division Three at CricketEurope