|Full name||Steve Guerdat|
10 June 1982 |
|Height||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Weight||143 lb (65 kg; 10 st 3 lb)|
He is the 2012 Olympic Champion in individual jumping. He also won the bronze medal at the 2008 Summer Olympics in team jumping following the disqualification of Norwegian rider Tony André Hansen.
In July 2012, Steve Guerdat was ranked third in the world.
Steve Guerdat began riding at the age of seven and was trained by his father, Philippe Guerdat, and by Beat Mändli.
Between 1997 and 2002 he was part of two junior and three young rider European championships and won two bronze medals with the team.
In 2006 he moved to Belgium and worked for three months for billionaire Oleksandr Onishchenko.
After that Yves Piaget bought him the mare Jalisca Solier, with which he won the World Cup in Geneva.
In 2009 and 2011 he was named Swiss rider of the year.
In 2012, he competed in London with Nino de Buissonnets at his third Olympic Games. He was the only rider who jumped cleanly in the two final rounds of the competition and won the individual jumping gold medal. He was the first Swiss rider to win a gold medal in the jumping event since 1924 where Alphonse Gemuseus won in individual jumping.
Steve is the youngest son of Olympic show jumper Philippe Guerdat.
Since April 2007 Guerdat lives in Herrliberg.
- Jalisca Solier (* 1997), Selle Français, Mare, Father: Alligator Fontaine, Mother's Father: Jalisco B, Owner: Yves G. Piaget
- Tresor V (* 1996), Belgian Warmblood, Stallion, Father: Papillon Rouge, Owner: Yves G. Piaget
- Ferrari VI (* 1999), Oldenburg horse, Gelding, Father: Furioso II, Owner: Yves G. Piaget
- Nino des Buissonnets (* 2001), Selle Français, Gelding, Father : Kannan, Mother's Father: Narcos, Owner: Urs Schwarzenbach
- Nasa (*2001), Selle Français, Mare, Father: Cumano, Owner: Urs Schwarzenbach
- Carpalo (*2001), Holsteiner horse, Gelding, Father: Contender, Mother's Father: Cicero, Owner: Urs Schwarzenbach
former show horses:
- Olympic Z (*1996), Dutch Warmblood, Gelding, Father: Concorde, Mother's Father: Ridder
- Pialotta (* 1991), Mare, Father: Pilot, Mother's Father: Akitos xx
- Tiyl (* 1996), Belgian Warmblood, Gelding, Father: Fantastique, Mother's Father: Codex
- Urgent III (* 2001), Dutch Warmblood, Gelding, Father: Numero Uno, Mother's Father: Julio Mariner
- Olympic Games:
- 2004: with Olympic - Rank 5 (Team) + Rank 50 (Individual)
- 2008: with Jalisca Solier - Rank 3 (Team) + Rank 9. (Individual)
- 2012: with Nino des Buissonnets - Rank 4 (Team) + Rank 1 (Individual)
- European Championships:
- 2003, Donaueschingen: with Tepic - Rank 3 (Team) + Rank 6 (Individual)
- 2005, San Patrignano: with Pialotta - Rank 2 (Team) + Rank 7 (Individual)
- 2009, Windsor: with Jalisca Solier - Rank 1 (Team) + Rank 16 (Individual)
- World Cup Final:
- 2005, Las Vegas: Rank 6 with Pialotta
- 2007, Las Vegas: Rank 3 with Tresor
- 2008, Göteborg: Rank 7 with Tresor
- 2009, Le Grand-Saconnex (Geneva): Rank 9. with Tresor
- 2012, ’s-Hertogenbosch: Rank 2 with Nino des Buissonnets
- Naughton, Joe (2012-08-08). "Cian O'Connor wins Olympic bronze medal". Sports News Ireland. Retrieved 2012-08-09.
- Associated Press (2008-12-22). "Norwegian stripped of Olympic equestrian bronze". USA Today. Retrieved 2008-12-23.
- FEI (2012-06-30). Individual jumping world rankings. Retrieved 2012-08-09.
- The Times of India (2012-08-08). "Olympics: Guerdat wins individual show jumping gold". The Times of India. Retrieved 2012-08-08.
- Freeman, Margaret (AP) (2012-08-08). "Swiss Rider Wins Olympic Show Jumping Gold". ABC News. Retrieved 2012-08-09.
- Reeves, Nick (2012-08-08). "Swiss end 88-year wait for show jumping gold". Yahoo Sports. Retrieved 2012-08-09.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Steve Guerdat.|