Steve Harvey (TV series)
|Presented by||Steve Harvey|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||247|
|Running time||40 to 43 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Endemol USA|
|Distributor||NBCUniversal Television Distribution|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)
|Original run||September 4, 2012– present|
Steve Harvey is a syndicated American talk show that is hosted by comedian/actor/radio personality Steve Harvey, who also serves as an executive producer. This is his first television talk foray, which is produced by Endemol USA and distributed by NBCUniversal Television Distribution in the United States and Canada. The program debuted on September 4, 2012, and is Harvey's second syndicated program in which he handles hosting duties, as he continues to host Family Feud at the same time. The series is taped in Chicago at the WMAQ studios. The show attracted 2.2 million viewers daily and, in January 2013, Steve Harvey was renewed for a second season. The series has since been renewed for three additional seasons through 2016.
Out of the five new talk shows to premiere during the 2012-13 television season, Steve Harvey ranks second, behind Katie, but ahead of The Jeff Probst Show, The Ricki Lake Show, and The Trisha Goddard Show. During the week of December 31, 2012, Steve Harvey averaged 1.987 million viewers.
Awards and nominations
|2013||People's Choice Award for Favorite New Talk Show Host||Steve Harvey||Won||
|Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Talk Show Host||Nominated||
- "Steve Harvey Episodes". TV Guide. Retrieved October 7, 2013.
- "NBCU's 'Steve Harvey' Cleared in More Than 55% of the U.S." from Broadcasting & Cable (November 7, 2011)
- "New ‘Steve Harvey’ TV show coming to Chicago studio" from Chicago Sun-Times (March 12, 2012)
- Thomas-Bailey, Carlene. G2: Shortcuts: Television: Steve Harvey - he's the new Oprah Winfrey, The Guardian, April 15, 2013
- Andreeva, Nellie (January 10, 2013). "NBCUniversal Domestic TV Distribution’s ‘Steve Harvey’ Renewed For Second Season". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved March 17, 2013.
- Goldberg, Lesley (January 10, 2013). "'Steve Harvey' Syndicated Talk Show Renewed for Second Season". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved March 17, 2013.
- ""Steve Harvey" Renewed for Second Season in National Syndication". The Futon Critic. Retrieved January 10, 2013.
- Bibel, Sara (June 12, 2013). "'Steve Harvey' Sold Through 2016 to NBC Owned Television Stations". TV by the Numbers.
- "Syndication Ratings: 'Family Feud' Celebrates New Year With Season-High 5.1 - January 15, 2013 19:17:30 | Broadcasting & Cable". Broadcastingcable.com. Retrieved June 7, 2013.
- "‘Katie’ is TV’s No. 1 Freshman Syndicated Talk Show for 17 Straight Weeks - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers". Tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com. Retrieved June 7, 2013.
- 'The Hunger Games' wins big at People's Choice Awards
- "The 40th Annual Daytime Entertainment Emmy Award Nominations". National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences. emmyonline.org. May 1, 2013. Retrieved May 1, 2013.
- Steve Harvey at the Internet Movie Database
- Official website
- Steve Harvey TV on Facebook
- Steve Harvey TV on Twitter
- Steve Harvey TV's channel on YouTube