|Born||November 12, 1983|
|Education||University of Virginia
In 2005, Steve graduated from the University of Virginia with a computer science degree. After graduating, he teamed up with classmate, Alexis Ohanian, to start reddit which was initially funded by Y Combinator. Reddit was later acquired by Conde Nast in 2006.
In 2010, Huffman teamed up with Adam Goldstein to create the travel site, Hipmunk, with funding also from Y Combinator. In 2011, Huffman was named to Inc. magazine's 30 under 30 list. Huffman is also the instructor for "CS253: Web Application Engineering", an e-learning course that began on April 2012 offered by online education provider, Udacity.
- "Three Years After Their Acquisition, Reddit Founders Move On". Techcrunch. 2009-10-27.
- "About Hipmunk". Hipmunk. 2010-08-01.
- Leena Rao (2010-08-01). "Reddit Co-Founder Dips Back Into Y Combinator With Travel Startup Hipmunk".
- Zak Richards. "Unleashing High-Profile, High-Profit Websites".
- "Condé Nast/Wired Acquires Reddit". 2006-10-31.
- "Adam Goldstein and Steve Huffman, Founders of Hipmunk". Inc.com. 2011-06-27.
- "Udacity CS253 Web Application Engineering". 2012-04-01.