|Steve Pougnet (far left), Morgan Fairchild (left), Manny Perez (right) and Jim Casey (far right) at the Desert AIDS Project on December 1, 2009.|
|20th Mayor of Palm Springs|
December 5, 2007
|Preceded by||Ron Oden|
|Member of the Palm Springs City Council|
April 27, 1963 |
Flint, Michigan, U.S.
|Spouse(s)||Christopher Green (m. 2008)|
- Vice Chairman of the Coachella Valley Association of Governments (CVAG)
- Chairman of the Energy & Water Conservation Subcommittee
- Vice-Chairman of the CVAG Energy and Environment Committee
- Vice Chairman of Sunline Transit Agency, the region’s public transportation management organization
- Board Member of the Palm Springs Desert Resort Convention Visitors Authority
- Member of the Riverside County Transportation Commission.
- Serves on the Riverside County Indian Gaming Local Community Benefit Committee.
Steve Pougnet has a partner named Christopher, and he also has two children named Beckham and Julia.
In 2010, Pougnet ran unopposed in the June 2010 primary election to win the Democratic nomination for the United States House of Representatives seat representing California's 45th congressional district. In the November 2010 election, he ran against American Independent Bill Lussenheide and Republican incumbent, Mary Bono Mack. Bono Mack defeated both Pougnet and Lussenheide in the general election.
- "City of Palm Springs: Mayor & City Council". Retrieved February 21, 2012.
- "thebacklot.com - Corner of Hollywood and Gay". 365gay.com. Retrieved 2013-12-05.[dead link]
- "About Steve Pougnet". California Democratic Council. Retrieved 21 August 2012.
- Felci, Erica (June 9, 2010). "Easy win for Rep. Mary Bono Mack". The Desert Sun. Retrieved June 9, 2010.[dead link]
|Mayor of Palm Springs, California
December 5, 2007–present