Steve Reeves (computer scientist)
|Born||31 October 1957
|Fields||Computer science, software engineering, formal methods|
|Institutions||Queen Mary, University of London|
|Alma mater||University of Birmingham|
Prof. Steve Reeves is a computer scientist based at the University of Waikato in New Zealand. He is the Associate Dean and the Programme Co-ordinator of Software Engineering. He has undertaken research work on the Z notation, formal methods for GUI design and a general theory of refinement.
Steve Reeves' academic work is in the area of formal methods to aid software engineering. In particular, he has undertaken research into the design and use of logics for specification. With Prof. Martin Henson, he has studied the formal semantics of the Z notation in detail, in relation to the international ISO standard for Z.
He is currently Chair of the Z User Group, and the New Zealand member of the Australasian Software Engineering Conference (ASWEC) Steering Committee. He is a Fellow of the British Computer Society, a Fellow of the New Zealand Computer Society, and is an IT Certified Professional (ITCP).
Reeves has published a number of academic papers, including:
- Martin C. Henson and Steve Reeves, Revising Z: Part I — Logic and Semantics. Formal Aspects of Computing, 11(4):359–380, 1999.
- Martin C. Henson and Steve Reeves. Revising Z: Part II — Logical Development. Formal Aspects of Computing, 11(4):381–401, 1999.
- Greg Reeve and Steve Reeves, -Charts and Z: Hows, Whys and Wherefores. Proceedings of IFM 2000, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 1945, pp. 256–276, (eds.) W. Grieskamp, T. Santen, and B. Stoddart, Springer-Verlag, 2000.
- Martin C. Henson, Steve Reeves and Jonathan P. Bowen, Z Logic and its Consequences. CAI: Computing and Informatics, 22(4):381–415, 2003. In Dines Bjørner (editor), special issue on The Logics of Formal Specification Languages.
- Judy Bowen and Steve Reeves, UI-Design Driven Model-Based Testing, EC-EASST, vol. 22.
- Judy Bowen and Steve Reeves, Refinement for user interface designs. Formal Aspects of Computing, 21(6):589–612, 2009.
- Judy Bowen and Steve Reeves, Formal models for user interface design artefacts. Innovations in Systems and Software Engineering, 4(2):125–141, 2009.
- Steve Reeves and David Streader, Data refinement and singleton failures refinement are not equivalent. Formal Aspects of Computing, 20(3):295–301, 2008.
- Steve Reeves and David Streader, A Robust Semantics Hides Fewer Errors, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 5850, pp. 499–515, Springer-Verlag, 2009.
- Judy Bowen and Steve Reeves, Developing usability studies via formal methods of UIs, Proc Second ACM SIGCHI Symposium on Engineering Interactive Computing Systems (EICS'10), Berlin, Germany, 175-180. ACM, New York, NY, 2010.
- Steve Reeves and David Streader, Contexts, refinement and determinism, Science of Computer Programming 76, 774-791, 2011.
- Jonathan Bowen and Steve Reeves, From a Community of Practice to a Body of Knowledge: A Case Study of the Formal Methods Community, Proc. FM 2011: Formal Methods, Lecture Notes in Computer Science 6664, pp. 308–322, 2011.
- Steve Reeves Personal Web Page, Department of Computer Science, University of Waikato, New Zealand.
- People: Computer Science, Department of Computer Science, University of Waikato, New Zealand.
- Martin Henson, The Standard Logic of Z is Inconsistent, Formal Aspects of Computing, Volume 10, Number 3, 243–247, 1998. doi:10.1007/s001650050014.
- Information Technology — Z Formal Specification Notation — Syntax, Type System and Semantics, ISO/IEC 13568:2002, ISO, 2002.
- Past events: 2005, BCS-FACS, UK.
- Steve Reeves, Scientific Commons.
- List of publications from the DBLP Bibliography Server
- List of publications from Microsoft Academic Search