Rushton at the premiere for Earth in April 2009
30 October 1987 [|
Chertsey, Surrey, United Kingdom
|Occupation(s)||Musician, songwriter, producer|
|Instruments||Vocals, guitar, bass guitar drums|
|Associated acts||Son of Dork|
Steven John Rushton (born 30 October 1987, Chertsey, Surrey, England) is a British solo artist, and formerly bassist for the pop punk band, Son of Dork. Steve also holds the 'World Records' for highest number of Cadburys chocolate buttons eaten inside a minute, 10 more than the previous holder. According to Guinness World Record Books
Mr. Cheerful (2003–2004)
From early school years and up to college, Rushton was the writer, guitarist and singer for the band Mr. Cheerful. The band was heavily influenced by artists such as Elvis and Green Day. Their biggest brush with fame was their participation in the UK final for the 2003 Junior Eurovision Song Contest. Rushton was unable to continue with Mr. Cheerful when he was scouted for Son Of Dork.
Son of Dork (2005–2008)
Rushton took part in the auditions for James Bourne's new band, after Bourne's previous band split in 2005. Originally entering to be a guitarist, he was asked to be the bassist, an offer he initially refused. Their first single "Ticket Outta Loserville" charted at number 3 in the charts, whilst the band were met with mixed reviews. Shortly after releasing the album Welcome to Loserville; they released another single "Eddie's Song" which charted at number 10 and was featured on the soundtrack to Alien Autopsy. The band headed out on two major tours; The Get Happy Tour and The Sic Tour, one of which they headlined.
Rushton decided to leave Son of Dork in 2008 after a long hiatus in the band stating, "I didn't pick up a guitar to leave it hanging on a wall gathering dust for two years".
Solo career (2008–2012)
After leaving Son of Dork, Rushton embarked on a solo career and was quickly signed on by record group Hollywood Records. His first major boost of his career was with Disney Channel's original series The Suite Life on Deck to which he sang the opening theme, "Livin' the Suite Life" Shortly after, he released his first single "Emergency" which was included in the soundtrack for the Disney movie, Race to Witch Mountain. As his popularity grew, he got a place in the soundtrack of Hannah Montana: The Movie as well as a cameo role as a band member. His next single "Ready to Rock" was realised to coincide with Disney film G-Force. Shortly after the release of his second single, Rushton went on tour at Disneyland singing old and new songs, including a cover of the Lady Gaga song "Poker Face". He also sings "Santa Claus Is Coming to Town" on the sound track for the new Santa Buddies movie. He contributed to the Wizards of Waverly Place soundtrack which features songs inspired by the TV hit. Ruston co-write the song "Heart and Soul" from the Camp Rock 2: The Final Jam soundtrack. Although an album was consistently promised, it never came about as Rushton slowly sunk into a career in songwriting. He is currently working with Aiden Grimshaw, who was on The X Factor 2010.
Rushton is a fan of American rock band, Green Day, and has stated that Billie Joe Armstrong was one of the key musicians who inspired him to pursue a music career. Rushton has been in a relationship with singer Amelia Lily since early 2013 after being a guitarist in her live band. 
- "MySpace.com: Steve Rushton". ASCAP. Retrieved 2009-08-09.
- "American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers: Steven John Rushton". ASCAP. Retrieved 2009-08-09.
- "Steve Rushton Biography - AOL Music". AOL Music. Retrieved 2009-08-09.
- "Steve Rushton Interview with Kiwibox". CastTV. Retrieved 2009-08-09.
- "YouTube - Junior Eurovision 2003 UK -MR CHEERFUL: Winter's Nearly Gone". YouTube. Retrieved 2009-08-09.
- "Son of Dork - Official Site". Son of Dork. Retrieved 2009-08-09.
- "Son of Dork - 'Welcome To Loserville' (Mercury) Released 21/11/05". GigWise. Retrieved 2009-08-09.
- "Race to Witch Mountain: Various: MP3 Downloads". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2012-01-02.
- "Steve Rushton @ ARTISTdirect.com". ARTISTdirect. Retrieved 2009-08-09.
- "Steve Rushton's List of Music You Should Hear". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2009-08-09.
- "AMELIA LILY IS DATING MILEY CYRUS' EXBOYFRIEND STEVE RUSHTON". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2014-08-22.