||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (December 2009)|
Steve Wang is an award-winning make-up artist and filmmaker.
Born in Taiwan, he and his parents moved to the US when he was 9. His greatest inspirations were the tokusatsu superhero TV shows Ultraman and Kamen Rider, as well as Hong Kong kung fu films including Master of the Flying Guillotine.
He has received great praise for his two film adaptations of the manga superhero, Guyver (The Guyver and Guyver: Dark Hero). Another project which drew attention to him was the direct to video movie, Drive, which starred Mark Dacascos & Kadeem Hardison. He also made independent films such as Kung Fu Rascals, based on a series of 8 mm short films he did years before. He and his brother Michael Wang, an award-winning commercials director, have recently been hired to work on Kamen Rider: Dragon Knight (an adaptation of Kamen Rider Ryuki), a second attempt at reviving the Kamen Rider Series in the United States, after Saban's Masked Rider of 1995. They write, produce, and direct as the "The Wang Brothers."
Steve Wang designed a sculpture depicting Sarah Kerrigan (The Queen of Blades), a character from the Starcraft Universe in 2012. The sculpture was placed at the Blizzard Entertainment Office in Versailles, France the same year. He has also made statues of Tryndamere and Ryze, two champions from League of Legends, for Riot Games that same year.
- Rollerblade II: Taken By Force (1989) - 2nd unit director
- Kung Fu Rascals (1990)
- The Guyver (1991)
- Guyver: Dark Hero (1994)
- Drive (1998)
- Sirens of The Deep (1999 - TV show/pilot)
- Power Rangers Lost Galaxy (1999 - TV show/1 episode)
- Kung Pow! Enter the Fist (2002) - 2nd unit director
- Wolvy: Twisted at Birth (2003) - short film
- Kamen Rider: Dragon Knight (2009)
- Guyver: Dark Hero
- Kung Fu Rascals
- Kamen Rider: Dragon Knight
- Steve Wang at the Internet Movie Database
- Steve Wang on MySpace
- Director's Reel on YouTube
- SciFi Japan - Kamen Rider Dragon Knight
- Latex Mask Central - FX Work
- NERDSociety - Interview with Steve Wang