|Steven Henning Warnstadt|
|Member of the Iowa Senate
from the 1st district
January 13, 2003 – January 9, 2011
|Preceded by||Steven Hansen|
|Succeeded by||Rick Bertrand|
|Member of the Iowa House of Representatives
from the 2nd district
January 9, 1995 – January 13, 2003
|Preceded by||Patrick Gill|
|Succeeded by||Roger Wendt|
August 2, 1967 |
Sioux City, Iowa
|Residence||Sioux City, Iowa|
|Occupation||Intelligence Officer, Instructor|
Steven Henning "Steve" Warnstadt (born August 2, 1967) was the Iowa State Senator from the 1st District. A Democrat, he has served in the Iowa Senate from 2003 until 2011. He received his BA from Drake University and his MA from Temple University, and is serving as an adjunct instructor with Western Iowa Technical Community College and as an intelligence officer with the Iowa Army National Guard.
Warnstadt served on several committees in the Iowa Senate - the Appropriations committee; the Judiciary committee; the Transportation committee; the Veterans Affairs committee, where he is vice chair; and the Commerce committee, where he is chair. He also serves as vice-chair of the Transportation, Infrastructure, and Capitals Appropriations Subcommittee. His prior political experience includes serving as a representative in the Iowa House from 1995 to 2003, serving on the Woodbury County Democratic Central Committee in 1996, and serving as president of the Drake College Democrats from 1987 to 1988.
Warnstadt did not seek re-election in 2010.
|Iowa House of Representatives elections, 1994 
|Democratic hold||Steven H. Warnstadt||Democratic||3,856||55.0|
|Darold R. Sea||Republican||3,145||44.9|
|Iowa House of Representatives elections, 1996 
|Democratic hold||Steven H. Warnstadt*||Democratic||5,667||66.5|
|Douglas A. Lehman||Republican||2,835||33.3|
|Iowa House of Representatives elections, 1998 
|Democratic hold||Steve Warnstadt*||Democratic||unopposed|
|Iowa House of Representatives elections, 2000 
|Democratic hold||Steve Warnstadt*||Democratic||5,787||68.3|
|Iowa Senate elections, 2002 
|Democratic (newly redistricted)||Steve Warnstadt||Democratic||8,871||63.8|
|Iowa Senate elections, 2006 
|Democratic hold||Steve Warnstadt*||Democratic||9,340||66.9|
- Crowd pleaser: Senators gave emotional goodbye speeches to Sioux City senator Warnstadt, Jennifer Jacobs, Des Moines Register, March 26, 2010
- "1994 General Election, November 8, 1994, Official Canvass Summary". Iowa Secretary of State. p. 23. Retrieved 2011-09-22.
- "Iowa General Election - November 5, 1996". Iowa Secretary of State. p. 446. Retrieved 2011-09-22.
- "Iowa General Election - November 3, 1998". Iowa Secretary of State. p. 422. Retrieved 2011-09-22.
- "November 7, 2000 - General Election, Iowa Official Results, State House of Representatives". Iowa Secretary of State. 2002-07-16. p. 1. Retrieved 2011-09-19.
- "Canvass Summary - Final - 2002 General Election (11/5/2002)". Iowa Secretary of State. 2002-12-02. p. 16. Retrieved 2011-09-19.
- "Official Results Report - Statewide, 2006 General Election 11-07-2006". Iowa Secretary of State. 2006-11-21. p. 18. Retrieved 2011-09-19.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Steven Warnstadt.|
- Senator Steve Warnstadt official Iowa Legislature site
- Senator Steve Warnstadt official Iowa General Assembly site
- State Senator Steve Warnstadt official constituency site
- Biography, voting record, and interest group ratings at Project Vote Smart
- Financial information (state office) at the National Institute for Money in State Politics
- Steve Warnstadt Reflects on 16 Years in Office, Erika Thomas, KMEG14, March 31, 2010
|Iowa House of Representatives|
1995 – 2003
2003 – 2011