|Full name||Steven Leslie Wignall|
|Date of birth||17 September 1954|
|Place of birth||Liverpool, England|
|Playing position||Central defender|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
† Appearances (Goals).
Steven Leslie "Steve" Wignall (born 17 September 1954) is an English former professional football manager and player. During his playing career, Wignall, who played as a central defender, made over 600 appearances in the Football League.
Born in Liverpool, Wignall played professionally for Doncaster Rovers, Colchester United, Brentford and Aldershot, making a total of 639 appearances in the Football League. He retired as a player in 1991, barely a year before the club went out of business.
After his retirement from playing he joined the coaching staff at Aldershot, before assisting Ian McDonald. After Aldershot went out of business in 1992, a new club, Aldershot Town was formed, and Wignall became their first ever manager, winning back to back promotions before former club Colchester United signed him in January 1995. During his time at Colchester he led the club to promotion via the play off in 1997/98 and to the final of the Associate Members Cup the year before. He stayed as manager until January 1999 when he resigned believing he had taken the club as far as he could. Wignall has also managed Stevenage Borough, Doncaster Rovers and Southend United. Also, he worked as a first team coach and assistant at Wivenhoe Town from 2005 before leaving club due to financial reasons in January 2008.
In 2009, Steve published his autobiography titled You Can Have Chips.
As a player
- Football League Trophy Runner-up (1): 1984–85
- Football League Fourth Division Playoff Winner (1): 1986–87
As a manager
- Isthmian League Division Three Winner (1): 1992–93
- Football League Division Three Playoff Winner (1): 1997–98
- Football League Trophy Runner-up (1): 1996–97
|Aldershot Town||23 May 1992||12 January 1995||146||97||24||25||66.43|
|Colchester United||12 January 1995||21 January 1999||218||81||66||71||37.16|
|Stevenage Borough||April 2000||31 May 2000||8||3||3||2||37.50|
|Doncaster Rovers||31 May 2000||26 December 2001||79||25||30||24||31.65|
|Southend United||18 April 2003||3 November 2003||23||6||3||14||26.09|
- "Associate Members Cup Finalists". Coludaybyday.co.uk.
- "Division Three (League Two) Play-Off Finalists". Coludaybyday.co.uk.
- Profile at Post War English & Scottish Football League A - Z Player's Database
- Steve Wignall management career statistics at Soccerbase
- Profile at Doncaster Rovers F.C. official website
- Profile at Aldershot Town official website