|Date of birth||1 February 1989|
|Place of birth||Perth, Australia|
|Original team||West Perth (WAFL)|
|Debut||26 April 2008, Carlton Football Club
v. Adelaide Football Club, at the MCG
|Height/Weight||180 cm / 78 kg|
1 Playing statistics correct to end of 2010 season.
Steven Browne (born 1 February 1989) is an Australian rules footballer who played for the Carlton Football Club in the Australian Football League (AFL) from 2008–2010. He currently plays for West Perth in the West Australian Football League (WAFL).
Browne played his junior football with the Whitford Junior Football Club in Western Australia. He played six games of senior football with West Perth as an eighteen-year-old in late 2007, and represented Western Australia in the NAB Under-18s Championship. He was selected by the Carlton Football Club in the 2007 AFL National Draft with a third round draft selection (#36 overall). He plays primarily as a rebounding half-backman who can rotate into the midfield.
Browne made his AFL debut in the sixth round of the 2008 season against Adelaide at the MCG, and played thirteen games for the season. He played seven games with Carlton in the 2009 season, spending much of the rest of the time with Carlton's VFL-affiliate, the Northern Bullants, where he played in the club's losing grand final. He managed just three games in 2010, and was delisted at the end of the season.
- Walsh, Courtney (26 November 2007). "New Blue happy to dodge the hype". The Australian. Retrieved 11 May 2011.
- Reed, David (27 April 2008). "Blues furious at 'double goal'". Herald Sun. Retrieved 11 May 2011.
- "Steven Browne heads back to the West". West Perth Football Club. 8 December 2010. Retrieved 11 May 2011.
- "Jones faith in Falcons pays off with premiership". 30 September 2013. Retrieved 28 March 2014.
- Steven Browne's statistics from AFL Tables
- Steven Browne's profile at WAFL Online
- Blueseum profile of Steven Browne
|This Australian rules football biography of a person born in the 1980s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|