Steven C. Miller
|Steven C. Miller|
March 8, 1981 |
Decatur, Georgia, U.S.
|Residence||Los Angeles, California, U.S.|
|Alma mater||Full Sail University|
|Occupation||Film director, screenwriter & editor|
|Notable work||The Aggression Scale, Silent Night (2012 film), Under the Bed, Automaton Transfusion|
Steven C. Miller is an American screenwriter, editor, and director. Miller is represented by United Talent Agency and Adam Goldworm at Aperture Entertainment. He attended Full Sail Real World Education where he majored in Film and Television Production.
His feature film debut, Automaton Transfusion was made for $30,000. The film was purchased and released in 2008 worldwide by Dimension Films. The next two years, Miller found himself in "development hell" with such projects as a remake of the horror comedy Motel Hell. In 2011, Miller decided to get back to his roots, work outside of the studio system, and shot two independent low budget features. The first was the thriller The Aggression Scale, which was described by IndieWire as "Home Alone with more death". The film premiered at South by Southwest, where it was purchased by Anchor Bay Entertainment It was released worldwide in 2012. The second was the Amblin Entertainment inspired Under the Bed, which had its world premiere at Fantasia Festival. The film was called "a blood-soaked horror extravaganza" by JoBlo.com. It was purchased and will be released July 19, 2013, by XLRATOR. Miller's most recent film was the Christmas slasher Silent Night, the remake of Silent Night, Deadly Night. Fearnet stated "this straightforward and scrappy little remake is somehow more entertaining than half of what passes for 'wide release' horror movies these days. Toss in some fine cinematography, some cool musical touches, and just enough 'in jokes' to keep the hardcore horror fans happy, Silent Night certainly isn't great, but it is consistently fun, and that's more than enough—especially for a horror remake." Silent Night was released by Anchor Bay Entertainment.
- Automaton Transfusion (2008)
- Scream of the Banshee (2011)
- Under the Bed (2012 film) (2012)
- Silent Night (2012)
- Under the Bed (2012)
- The Aggression Scale (2012)
- Motel Hell (2012)
- Automaton Transfusion 2 (2012)
- Area 52 (2012)
- Bad Moon Rising (2012)
- Interview at HorrorMovies.ca
- Miska, Brad (August 28, 2006). "'Automaton Transfusion' Infects Screamfest Festival!!". Bloody Disgusting. Retrieved February 26, 2015.
- "'Motel Hell' Remake Director Discovered!"
- Willmore, Alison (March 11, 2012). "SXSW '12 Review: 'The Aggression Scale' Is Like 'Home Alone' With More Death (But Not As Fun As That Sounds)". Indiewire. Retrieved February 26, 2015.
- Anchor Bay Preemptively Picks Up 'Aggression Scale'
- UNDER THE BED is an all-out assault on the senses
- Exclusive: Filming Begins on Silent Night; Director Steven C. Miller Speaks!
- Scott Weinberg (November 30, 2012). "FEARnet Movie Review: Silent Night". Silent Night. Fearnet. Retrieved December 10, 2012.
- Interview at MovieThunder.com
- July 23, 2005 moviethunder.com by Pretzel
- February 25, 2007Horror-movies.ca by DeadManWalkin
- January 28, 2008 bloody-disgusting.com by Brad Miska
- April 2010 horrornews.net by Brian S
- April 13, 2010 moviemikes.com by Mike Gencarelli