Steven Connor (born 1955) is Grace 2 Char of English in the University of Cambridge and Fellow of Peterhouse, Cambridge. He was formerly the academic director of the London Consortium and professor of modern literature and theory at Birkbeck, University of London.
- Born: Bognor Regis, Sussex, in 1955.
- From 1966 to 1972 attended Christ's Hospital School and from 1972-3 Bognor Regis Comprehensive School.
- 1973 Read English at Wadham College, Oxford - Terry Eagleton, tutor. Completed BA, with a first-class degree.
- 1980 DPhil thesis on prose fantasy and mythography.
- 1980 appointed lecturer in English at Birkbeck College.
- 1992 helped develop collaborative interdisciplinary graduate programme with Birkbeck College, the Tate Gallery, the British Film Institute and the Architectural Association.
- 2002 succeeded Paul Hirst as the academic director of the London Consortium.
- 2012 became Grace 2 Professor of English, University of Cambridge and Fellow of Peterhouse, Cambridge.
- 2013 became Fellow of Birkbeck College.
- Charles Dickens (Oxford: Basil Blackwell, 1985)
- Samuel Beckett: Repetition, Theory and Text (Oxford: Basil Blackwell, 1988)
- Postmodernist Culture: An Introduction to Theories of the Contemporary (1989) 2nd, revised and enlarged edn (Oxford: Blackwell, 1996)
- Theory and Cultural Value (1992)
- The English Novel in History 1950-1995 (1995)
- James Joyce (Exeter: Northcote House, 1996)
- Dumbstruck - A Cultural History of Ventriloquism (2000)
- The Book of Skin (2003)
- Fly (London: Reaktion, 2006)
- The Matter of Air: Science and Art of the Ethereal (London: Reaktion, 2010)
- (ed.) Samuel Beckett: The Unnamable (London: Faber, 2010)
- Paraphernalia: The Curious Lives of Magical Things (London: Profile, 2011)
- A Philosophy of Sport (London: Reaktion, 2011)
- 'Next to Nothing', Tate Etc., 12 (2008): 82-93.
- 'The Shakes: Conditions of Tremor', The Senses and Society, 3 (2008): 205-20.
- ‘On Such and Such a Day…In Such a World': Beckett’s Radical Finitude. In Borderless Beckett/Beckett sans frontières, Samuel Beckett Today/Aujourd’hui, 19 (2008): 35-50.
- ‘Le Voci Dentro e Fuori di Noi’, (interview with Enzo Mansueto), Rodeo, 43 (2008): 66.
- 'The Right Stuff', Modern Painters (March 2009): 58-63.
- 'Strings in the Earth and Air', New Formations (Special Issue on Postmodernism, Music and Cultural Theory, ed. David Bennett ), 66 (2009), 58-67.
- 'Pulverulence', Cabinet, 35 (2009): 71-77.
- 'Absolute Levity', Comparative Critical Studies, 6 (2009): 411-27.
- Steven Connor (14 February 2009). "Earslips: Of Mishearings and Mondegreens".