Steven Hill (basketball)
November 14, 1985 |
|Listed height||7 ft 0 in (213 cm)|
|Listed weight||245 lb (111 kg)|
|High school||Branson (Branson, Missouri)|
|NBA draft||2008 / Undrafted|
|Pro playing career||2008–2010|
|2008||Oklahoma City Thunder|
In his freshman year, Hill started 18 of 30 games for the Arkansas Razorbacks and finished second in the Southeastern Conference with 1.8 blocks per game, also averaging 2.3 points and rebounds. The number of blocks achieved, 54, was second most for a freshman in Arkansas history, the leader being Oliver Miller with 60.
In his second year, Hill upped his numbers slightly, averaging 2.8 blocks in the process, good enough for second in the conference. His 91 blocks as a sophomore surpassed Miller's record of 85.
Hill received SEC Defensive Player of the Year accolades in his junior year, and improved his averages once again (6.2 points, 4.4 rebounds and 2.8 blocks), while his 93 made shots and 218 total points doubled his career totals entering the year. In blocked shots, Hill's total of 99 made him the first Razorback to get 90+ blocks in more than one year. In his senior year, his numbers decreased slightly.
He was signed by the Oklahoma City Thunder on November 4, 2008, playing one game before being assigned to the Thunder's D-League affiliate Tulsa 66ers on November 21. On December 13, Hill was recalled by the Thunder, after averaging 9.6 points, 7.2 rebounds and 2.8 blocks in 25.6 minutes in five games for the 66ers. A week later, without playing an additional game, he was made expendable and subsequently waived by the Thunder to make room on their roster for newly signed 7'0" center Nenad Krstic.
- University of Arkansas bio
- Rivals.com profile
- Trail Blazers sign Jackson, Hill and Tatum
- Blazers waive F Luke Jackson, C Steven Hill
- Trail Blazers waive Luke Jackson, Steven Hill
- Former Hog Steven Hill signs with Oklahoma City Thunder
- Thunder’s Steven Hill assigned to Tulsa 66ers
- Thunder recall Steven Hill from 66ers
- Krstic gives Thunder another 7-footer
- "Trail Blazers sign Steven Hill" (Press release). October 11, 2010. Retrieved October 11, 2010.
- "Blazers Waive Raymond Sykes and Steven Hill". BlazersEdge.com. October 20, 2010. Retrieved October 21, 2010.