Steven M. Greer
|Steven M. Greer|
June 28, 1955 |
Charlotte, North Carolina
|Occupation||Medical Doctor (Retired)
Steven Macon Greer (June 28, 1955) is an American retired medical doctor and ufologist who founded the Center for the Study of Extraterrestrial Intelligence (CSETI) and The Disclosure Project, which seeks the disclosure of suppressed UFO information.
Greer was born in Charlotte, North Carolina in 1955. Greer's uncle is claimed to have been involved in designing the Lunar Module of the Apollo program. Greer claims to have seen an unidentified flying object at close range when he was about eight years old, which allegedly inspired his interest in ufology. He was trained as a Transcendental Meditation teacher and served as director of a meditation organization. Greer completed his graduate work at East Tennessee State University James H. Quillen College of Medicine in 1987. He attended MAHEC University of North Carolina where he completed his internship in 1988 and received his Virginia medical license in 1989. That year he became a member of the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society.
Greer founded the Center for the Study of Extra-Terrestrial Intelligence (CSETI) in 1990 to create a diplomatic and research-based initiative to contact extraterrestrial civilizations. In 1993 Greer founded The Disclosure Project, a nonprofit research project, whose goal is to disclose to the public the government’s alleged knowledge of UFOs, extraterrestrial intelligence, and advanced energy and propulsion systems. The Disclosure Project was founded in an effort to grant amnesty to government whistle-blowers willing to violate their security oaths by sharing insider knowledge about UFOs. Greer says he gave a briefing to CIA director James Woolsey that same year.
In October 1994 Greer appeared in Larry King's TV special The UFO Coverup?. In 1995, Greer was working as a physician at the department of emergency medicine at Caldwell Memorial Hospital, where he was chairman.
In 1997, Greer along with other members of CSETI, including Apollo astronaut Edgar Mitchell, made a presentation at a background briefing for members of Congress. In 1998 Greer gave up his career as an emergency room physician, in favor of the Disclosure Project.
In May 2001, Greer held a press conference at the National Press Club in D.C that featured "20 retired Air Force, Federal Aviation Administration and intelligence officers". According to a 2002 report in the Oregon Daily Emerald, Greer has gathered 120 hours of testimony from various government officials on the topic of UFOs, including astronaut Gordon Cooper and a Brigadier General. That year, Greer appeared on the radio show Coast to Coast AM.
In 2013 Greer co-produced Sirius, a documentary covering his work and theories over extraterrestrial life and government cover-ups. The film was directed by Amardeep Kaleka and narrated by Thomas Jane, and covers Greer's 2006 book Hidden Truth, Forbidden Knowledge. The movie premiered on April 22, 2013 in Los Angeles, California and featured interviews from former officials from the government and military. Sirius also focused heavily on the six-inch human skeleton known as the Atacama skeleton and featured images and a DNA analysis of the skeleton, which Greer believed was proof of alien life. Later genetic evidence of the Atacama skeleton indicated that it was a human child skeleton, only a few decades old, and the mother was most probably "an indigenous woman from the Chilean region of South America".
- Conspiracy Theory
- Extraterrestrial life
- Free energy suppression
- SETI Institute - An unrelated organization which studies the topic of extraterrestrial life
- Thompson, Keith (July–August 1995). "If We Call Them, Will They Come?". Yoga Journal. pp. 70–77, 153–154. Retrieved 8 March 2013. "page 70: By day, he is chairman of the Department of Emergency Medicine at a medium-sized hospital, frequently on call for periods of 12 to 24 hours."
- "They're Here; UFO watchers to reveal proof that aliens have visited Earth". The Daily Record. May 9, 2001.
- Alexander S. Heard (1 September 1994). "ALIEN BROTHERS, COME ON DOWN!". Outside (magazine). Retrieved 12 March 2013.
- Steven Macon Greer Virginia Board of Medicine, accessed Jan 20, 2013
- Author Unknown (1987). The Pharos of Alpha Omega Alpha - Volume 50. Alpha Omega Alpha. p. page 54."COLLEGE OF MEDlClNE—Oelta of Tennessee Class of I987: Steven Macon Greer"
- Unknown author. "Locate A Member". Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society. pp. Use the search term: Greer to yield this result: Steven Macon Greer 115–R–1987–0069199. Retrieved March 11, 2013.
- Unknown author. "AOA Members from James H. Quillen College of Medicine". Quillen College of Medicine. Archived from the original on 2006-09-08.
- Schmidt, Brad (25 April 2002). "Alien theorist offers proof of government coverup". Oregon Daily Emerald. Retrieved 2012-12-12.
- Salter, Daniel M; Red Star, Nancy (2003). Life With a Cosmos Clearance. Light Technology Publishing. pp. x–ix, 1–4. ISBN 1891824376.
- "The Disclosure Project Website". The Disclosure Project. 2010. Retrieved 7 March 2013. "The Disclosure Project is a research project working to fully disclose the facts about UFOs, extraterrestrial intelligence, and classified advanced energy and propulsion systems."
- Tudor, Silke (26 September 2001). "Alien Culture". SF Weekly. Retrieved 10 March 2013.
- Cox, Billy (6 August 2008). "Admiral: Never looked for UFO data". Herald Tribune. Retrieved 2013-03-21.
- Hulse, Tim (July 26, 1998). "Make friends with an alien, says UFO man". The Independent (London).
- Unknown author (Sep 21, 2012). "Strange Phenomena Investigations (SPI).". Hastings & St. Leonards Observer (St. Leonards-on-Sea, England). Retrieved March 14, 2013."From 1993, he spent considerable time and resources briefing the Clinton administration, including CIA director James Woolsey, senior military officials at the Pentagon, and select members of Congress, among others."
- Bunch, Joey (10 July 2008). "ETs waiting on Denver's invite, lecturer says". The Denver Post. Retrieved 2013-03-21.
- Mendoza, Manuel (10 October 1994). "Alien Obsession Hits Even Larry King". The Wichita Eagle. Archived from the original on 2007-05-12. Retrieved 8 March 2013.
- Nelson, Britt (23 April 1994). "Asheville physician's hobby is chasing extraterrestrials". Herald-Journal. Retrieved 8 March 2013.
- Lord, Mary (14 April 1997). "The Unending Search for UFOs". U.S. News & World Report. Retrieved 10 March 2013.
- Oppegard, Brett (Sep 11, 2001). "FOUNDER OF UFO PROJECT IS COMING TO PORTLAND". The Columbian. Archived from the original on September 11, 2001. Retrieved March 10, 2013.
- Berger, Joanne (Dec 1, 2001). "Doctor UFO". Internal Medicine News. Archived from the original on Dec 1, 2001. Retrieved March 10, 2013.
- Duin, Julia (11 May 2001). "Government is covering up UFO evidence, group says". The Washington Times. Archived from the original on 2001-05-16. Retrieved 8 March 2013.
- Katelynn Raymer; David Ruppe (10 May 2001). "Group Calls for Disclosure of UFO Info". ABC News. Retrieved 11 March 2013.
- "UFO spotters slam 'US cover-up'". BBC News. May 10, 2001.
- Kehnemui, Sharon (May 10, 2001). "Men in Suits See Aliens as Part of Solution, Not Problem". Fox News. Retrieved 2007-05-10.
- McCullagh, Declan (May 10, 2001). "Ooo-WEE-ooo Fans Come to D.C.". Wired News. Retrieved 2007-05-10.
- Guest: Steven Greer - Coast to Coast AM with George Noory
- Sullivan, Paul. "New documentary proves aliens exist. We’re dead Sirius". Metro News. Retrieved 6 December 2013.
- "Tiny Alien Humanoid Claimed To Exist In Steven Greer’s Upcoming Documentary ‘Sirius’ [PHOTO, VIDEO]". Ibtimes.com. 2013-04-09. Retrieved 2013-04-24.
- "UFO film to provide proof that aliens exist". Zeenews.india.com. 2013-04-10. Retrieved 2013-04-24.
- "UFO Film May Provide Proof of Tiny Extraterrestrial Aliens: Six Inch Body Dissected (Video) : Space". Science World Report. 2013-04-09. Retrieved 2013-04-24.
- "'Atacama Humanoid is Human, Researchers Say'". http://www.medicaldaily.com/. 2013-05-01. Retrieved 2013-09-09.
- "Bizarre 6-Inch Skeleton Shown to Be Human". Science magazine, column 'Science Now' (American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS)). 2013-05-03. Retrieved 2013-09-08.
- Steven Greer bio at The Disclosure Project web site
- Steven Greer bio at ET Contact Now web site
- Steven M. Greer at the Internet Movie Database
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Steven M. Greer.|