March 11, 1967 |
|Alma mater||University of Florida|
Steven Marrs (born March 11, 1967 in Landstuhl, Germany) is the founder, President and Managing Partner of Out East Entertainment, an independent multimedia entertainment studio where ideas are brought to life by connecting creative talent, content creators and distributors to create compelling programming for broadcasters and distributors globally. Out East Entertainment was launched in November 2013 with its first script-to-series drama project with The CW Network titled, The Cover. The company recently announced its first foray into the unscripted television business with the the acquisition of the Dutch format Fish Tales. Out East is based in Los Angeles with a satellite office in New York.
Prior to Out East, Marrs was the Founder and President of Momentum Entertainment Group  part of the Momentum Worldwide group of companies owned by Interpublic Group (NYSE:IPG ). MEG was created to develop, distribute and produce programming for broadcast and digital platforms with an emphasis on Dramas, Comedies, Reality and Broadcast Event Television. Under Marrs' leadership, MEG successfully launched scripted, reality and special series and programs including Rogue, Full Circle, Croc Files, How Sweet the Sound  The award winning PG&E Energy House Calls Digital Series  and Elite Model Look  In February, 2013, Marrs parted ways with Momentum  to launch new venture.
Previous to MEG, Steven was the founder and owner of Branded Pictures, formerly Brand Entertainment Studios, an independent cross platform production and distribution company that was folded into MEG at its inception. He is the executive producer of such shows as NBC's World Music Awards, CW's Sean Combs presents Americas Party, and CBS' Christmas from Central Park as well as several cable, live event and internet shows, including Comedy Hall of Fame on ABC, Got Game on Spike, and Anatomy of An Awkward Situation.
Formerly, Marrs was the co-founder, President & COO of Tribal DDB, a worldwide internet services company which is part of the Omnicom Group (NYSE:OMC), where he was one of the company's youngest division heads. Prior to Tribal DDB, he was a partner is one of the first internet advertising agency and entertainment companies, Blue Marble A.C.G.
- Out East Entertainment launches with First Project with eOne Television and The CW Network
- Out East Entertainment acquires Dutch format for Fish Tales
- DirecTV Greenlights Original Drama Series ‘Rogue’, Thandie Newton In Talks To Star
- Marketing Agency Momentum Launches Entertainment Company
- Marrs Brands Gotham
- Steven Marrs at the Internet Movie Database
- DDB Worldwide Integrates Interactive Properties into Tribal DDB
- iMedia Summit interview with Steven Marrs
- "Out East Entertainment Launches with The Cover".
- "Out East Entertainment acquires Dutch Format Fish Tales".
- "Momentum Launches Momentum Entertainment Group Founded by Steven Marrs".
- "DirecTV Greenlights Original Drama Series ‘Rogue’, Thandie Newton In Talks To Star".
- "DirecTv Orders 10 episode Neil LaBute Drama from Momentum Entertainment".
- "TV One Orders How Sweet the Sound TV Special".
- "Momentum Entertainment Group creates award winning digital series".
- "Style Network Orders up Elite Model Look from Momentum Entertainment Group".
- "Marrs parts ways with Momentum Worldwide".
- Meredith Amdur (2002-11-07). "Marrs brands Gotham, L.A. Company starts out with IBM, Ford, UPS". Variety. Retrieved 2008-06-26.
- "Branded Pictures absorbed into Momentum Entertainment Group Founded by Steven Marrs".
- "Steven Marrs". imdb.com. Retrieved 2008-06-26.
- Samuel Rosales (August 29, 2000). "DDB Worldwide Integrates Interactive Properties into Tribal DDB". The ClickZ Network. Retrieved 2008-06-26.