|Created by||Rebecca Sugar|
|Creative director(s)||Ian Jones-Quartey|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||TBA|
|Executive producer(s)||Rebecca Sugar|
|Running time||11 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Cartoon Network Studios|
|Original channel||Cartoon Network|
|Original airing||May 22, 2013 (online)
Q3-Q4 2013 (TV)
|Related shows||Adventure Time|
Steven Universe is an upcoming cartoon created by Rebecca Sugar, former storyboard artist, writer, and composer for Adventure Time. It is set to air on Cartoon Network in Q3/Q4 2013. It will be produced by Cartoon Network Studios. The series is rated TV-PG.
The pilot episode for Steven Universe was released on Cartoon Network's video platform on May 21, 2013.
Steven Universe is a coming-of-age story told from the perspective of Steven, a chubby and happy-go-lucky boy and the youngest member of an intergalactic/ethereal team of warriors called the Crystal Gems. Together, the Crystal Gems fight and protect the Universe 'all the time', while Steven strums up a catchy tune on his ukulele.
Crystal Gem Members
- Steven – The main protagonist, youngest member of the Crystal Gems, and the only male on the team. His gem stone is unknown with a power he has yet discover. Strangely, his gem is embedded within his abdomen. He is also musically talented on the ukulele and eager to prove his abilities to the Crystal Gems. He has clever 'come-backs' for insults but often too late. He is looked after by the 3 Crystal Gem warriors as though they were his big sisters. They live together in what appears to be a half suburban house/half magic crystal palace. Steven often eagerly awaits for the Crystal Gems at the crystal portal when they are away. Steven has a fondness for food and adventure.
- Garnet – The leader of the Crystal Gems. Her gem stone is a red garnet which is embedded into each of her hands. Activating her gem stones summons a pair of golden gauntlets of power. Her personality also seems to emulate that of a calm and collective nature. She is physically the strongest member and is a mentor to Steven, though she hardly speaks more than a few words at a time.
- Amethyst – A member of the Crystal Gems. Her gem stone is an amethyst which is embedded in her chest. Activating her gem stone summons an energy whip. She tends to be more fun and care-free than the other Members. Loud and energetic, Amethyst is almost always cheerful.
- Pearl – A member of the Crystal Gems. Her gem stone is a pearl which is embedded in her forehead. Activating her gem stone summons a magic staff. Though physically dainty given her ballerina persona, she is the most outspoken of the three Crystal Gem members. She cares deeply for Steven's safety, but occasionally pokes fun of his antics.
- Lars – A teenage worker at "The Big Doughnut" shop. Often picks on Steven for being a Crystal Gem member. Although he might just be jealous that Steven gets to hang out with 'a bunch of hot girls'. He wears ear rings inside his extended ear-lobes.
|Title||Directed by||Written by||Original airdate|
|Pilot||0||"Steven Universe"||Rebecca Sugar||Rebecca Sugar||May 22, 2013 (online)|
|We meet Steven, who acquires a magical time travel device, who then uses it to make comebacks towards mean-spirited cashier, Lars. But when he starts to get out of control with time travel magic, he must save his friends from chaos.|
- "Cartoon Network Announce New Show By Rebecca Sugar". Web Stoopid. 29 January 2013. Retrieved 8 February 2013.
- McLean, Thomas (11 September 2012). "CN Greenlights ‘Steven Universe,’ ‘Uncle Grandpa’ Series". Animation Magazine. Retrieved 8 February 2013.
- Amidi, Amid (28 January 2013). "First Look: "Steven Universe" by Rebecca Sugar"". Zap2It. Retrieved 8 February 2013.
- Pahle, Rebecca (28 January 2013). "Here’s Our First Look at Steven Universe, by Cartoon Network’s First Female Showrunner". TheMarySure. Retrieved 8 February 2013.
- Rebecca Sugar (22 May 2013). "Steven Universe" (Audiovisual work). Cartoon Network. Turner Broadcasting System. Retrieved 22 May 2013.
|This Cartoon Network-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|