Steven Vogel is the James B. Duke professor in the Department of Biology at Duke University. Over the course of his professional career in biology, Vogel has played a fundamental role in the establishment of the discipline of biomechanics.
- The Life of a Leaf. University of Chicago Press (2012).
- Glimpses of Creatures in Their Mechanical Worlds. Princeton University Press (2009).
- Comparative Biomechanics: Life's Physical World. Princeton University Press (2003).
- Prime Mover: A Natural History of Muscle (paperback). W. W. Norton & Co. (2003).
- A Natural History of Muscle. W. W. Norton and Co. (2001).
- Life's Devices: The Physical World of Animals and Plants. University Press (Hyderabad, India) (2000).
- Cats' Paws and Catapults: Mechanical Worlds of Nature and People. Penguin Books, UK (1999).
- ^ http://fds.duke.edu/db/aas/Biology/svogel
- ^ "Publications of Steven Vogel". Retrieved 31 January 2015.