||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification, as it includes attribution to IMDb. (December 2009)|
October 17, 1970 |
|Other names||Steve Jean, Shana O'Brien, Shawna O'Brien|
|Height||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)|
She is sometimes credited as Steve Jean, Shana O'Brien or Shawna O'Brien.
Shauna was raised on a farm in Pasco with seven brothers in a large Irish American family. She spent her time riding and competing horses at local rodeos and enjoyed riding dirtbikes and four-wheelers. She was engaged in many sports: volleyball, basketball and cheerleading. She excelled at snowmobile racing as a teenager even winning several trophies. Shauna also competed in bodybuilding. At the age of 18 she moved to Los Angeles.
She started out doing extra work for Blockbuster films for a couple of years. It helped pay her bills and allowed Shauna to get her SAG card (as a result from a small role in Three Men and a Baby which was cut from the film). She took acting classes, but was never serious about them because she was put off by the attitudes of various acting coaches.
Shauna then started modeling for such clients as Fredericks of Hollywood, Muscle & Fitness (3 Covers), Penthouse Pet Centerfold Jan 92 (under the name Stevie Jean) among many other publications. Shauna appeared on and in numerous trading cards, posters, calendars and TV commercials, along with many music videos and TV shows.
Early in her career, she had roles in such softcore fare as Seduce Me: Pamela Principle 2 and Wild Malibu Weekend. Her breakout role came with Friend of the Family (1995) where she played Elke Taylor, a friend of the Stillman Family who moves in with them and ends up seducing them one by one. A director named Edward Holzman (whom she had made a few films with) contacted her and offered her a small role in his movie Elke. At the last minute Shauna replaced the lead actress, Brandy Sanders. This led to starring roles in direct-to-video softcore fare like Fugitive Rage, Striking Resemblance, Desirable Liaisons, and Summer Temptations 2.
At one point in her career, Shauna made the controversial move of having plastic surgery done to her breasts. She explained in an interview that she had just given birth to a baby girl and realized that, "When you have a child it can wreak havoc on your body. I do a lot of nudity and was not comfortable with my boobs hanging to my knees, so I had them fixed. I liked the way they looked before much better, but I did what I had to do for my own comfort...not anyone else's."
Shauna also made an appearance on PBS' Frontline talking about her work posing nude on online pay sites and has been an outspoken critic of some of the more unsavory aspects of the porno industry. She has owned her own site since 1996.
Shauna enjoys being at home with her family, cooking, cleaning, reading romance novels and watching movies.
- Guest appearances in Pretty Woman, Flatliners, Another 48 Hours, Three Men and a Baby, The Marrying Man.
- Friend of the Family (1995) .... Elke Taylor
- Fugitive Rage (1996) .... Josie Williams
- Friend of the Family II (1996) .... Elke Taylor
- The Escort (1997) .... Suzanne Lane
- Zorrita: Passion's Avenger (2000) .... Bella/Zorrita
- Sex Files: Creating the Perfect Man (2000) .... Amy
- Platinum Blonde (2001) .... Tawny
- Dangerous Invitations (2002) .... Sophie
Notable TV guest appearances
- Kama Sutra playing "Daphne" in episode: "Ménage à Trois" (episode # 1.5) July 22, 2000
- Kama Sutra playing "Camille" in episode: "The Art of Biting" (episode # 1.10) 2000
- Beverly Hills Bordello playing "Pam" (as Shawna O'Brien) in episode: "Role Play" (episode # 3.2) 1998
- Beverly Hills Bordello playing "Lily" in episode: "Silence Is Golden" (episode # 1.12) 1996
- Star Trek: The Next Generation playing "Omag's Woman" in episode: "Unification: Part 2" (episode # 5.8) November 9, 1991
- Emmanuelle 2001 (16 episodes)
- Lady Chatterly's Stories (23 episodes)
Appearances in music videos
- Mötley Crüe - "Primal Scream"
- Danger Danger - "Monkey Business"
- Poison - "Fire and Ice"
- Gerardo - "When the Lights Go Out"
- Pauly Shore - "Thank God I'm a Country Boy"
- Danzig - "How The Gods Kill"
- Phunk Junkeez - "Me N Yer Girl"