|Look up Stewart in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Stewart is a popular Scottish given name and surname. The word Stewart is derived from an occupational surname. It originally belonged to a person who was a steward by profession. It is derived from a combination of two Old English words, the word stig, which means house, and the word weard, which means guard. The first name translation of the word is often Stuart hence the difference in the two.
- Stewart, Indiana
- Stewart, Minnesota
- Stewart, Mississippi
- Stewart, Ohio
- Stewart, Tennessee
- Stewart, Texas
- Stewart, West Virginia
- Stewart Township (disambiguation)
- Stewartstown, Pennsylvania
- Fort Stewart, Georgia
- Stewart Air National Guard Base, New York
- Stewart International Airport, New York
- Stewart Manor, New York
- Stewart (crater), a small lunar impact crater
- Clan Stewart, a Scottish clan
- Clan Stewart of Appin, a Scottish clan
- Stewart Grand Prix, later known as Jaguar Racing, now known as Red Bull Racing
- Stewart–Tolman effect, physics
- Stewart's Shops, U.S. chain of convenience stores
- Stewart's theorem, a geometry theorem
- R.G. Stewart (shipwreck), a Lake Superior shipwreck off the coast of Wisconsin.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Stewart.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.