Stewart Information Services Corporation
|Traded as||NYSE: STC|
|Headquarters||2 Post Oak Central
Houston, Texas, USA
|Area served||United States|
|Key people||Thomas G. Apel (Chairman)
Matthew W. Morris (CEO)
|Revenue||US$ 1.365 billion (2011)|
|Operating income||US$ 18.00 million (2011)|
|Net income||US$ 2.300 million (2011)|
|Total assets||US$ 1.146 billion (2011)|
|Total equity||US$ 463.5 million (2011)|
Stewart Information Services Corporation (SISCO) is a provider of title insurance and other real estate services in the US and abroad based in Houston, Texas, USA. Founded by Maco Stewart in 1893 in Galveston, Texas, the company has grown to offer title insurance policies and escrow services in more than 80 countries. It was number four on the 2007 FORTUNE magazine’s "America’s Most Admired Companies" in "Mortgage Services". It was also number 703 on the Fortune 1000 list in 2006.
Stewart Information Services Corporation was founded on the island city of Galveston, Texas, in 1893 when Maco Stewart, a young Galveston attorney, purchased the Gulf City Abstract Company. Maco would later be joined by his brothers, Minor and Clegg Stewart, as well as his brother-in-law, W.C. Morris, in growing the company. In 1905 Stewart purchased a three story, Victorian Italianate style building, in which to house his growing business. This building, which still houses a company division today, would remain the headquarters of the company until 1974, when new a new home office was constructed in Houston. On December 1, 2005, First Lenders Data, Inc announced a strategic alliance with Stewart Mortgage Information. On December 2, 2005, Stewart Title Limited announced the appointment of Steven Lessak as the company's new chief executive officer and the opening of its new executive office in London, England.
- "2011 Form 10-K, Stewart Information Services Corporation". Stewart Information Services Corporation (via the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission).
- "Historical Marker: Stewart Building". Texas Historical Commission. Retrieved 2012-09-04.
- "SISCO Fast Facts". Stewart Title Company. Retrieved 2012-09-04.
- "About Us". Stewart Title Company - Galveston Division. Retrieved 2012-09-04.
- "FLDI Announces Alliance with Stewart Mortgage Information to Expand Financial Services Available Through Vendor Management Platform".
- "Stewart Title Limited Names New Chief Executive Officer and Opens New Office in London, England".