Stewart Peak (Colorado)
|Elevation||13,990. ft (4,264 m)|
|Prominence||883 ft (269 m)|
|Isolation||2.54 mi (4.09 km)|
|Location||Saguache County, Colorado,
|Range||La Garita Mountains|
|Topo map||USGS 7.5' topographic map
Stewart Peak, Colorado
Stewart Peak, elevation 13,990. ft (4,264 m), is a summit in Colorado. The peak is the second highest thirteener (a peak between 13,000 and 13,999 feet in elevation) in the state. It is located in the La Garita Mountains, sub-range of the San Juan Mountains, in Saguache County, within the La Garita Wilderness. Stewart Peak is the 55th highest peak in Colorado by most standard definitions, just missing the list of Colorado fourteeners. At one time, the peak's elevation was measured to be over 14,000 ft and it was believed to be a fourteener, but more recent and accurate surveys have dropped it below that threshold.
- List of Colorado mountain ranges
- List of Colorado mountain summits
- List of Colorado county high points
- "Stewart Peak". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. Retrieved November 13, 2014.
- "STEWART". NGS data sheet. U.S. National Geodetic Survey. Retrieved November 4, 2014.
- The elevation of Stewart Peak includes an adjustment of +2.087 m (+6.85 ft) from NGVD 29 to NAVD 88.
- "Stewart Peak, Colorado". Peakbagger.com. Retrieved November 4, 2014.
- "Colorado’s Summits – 13,000 to 13,999 feet". Retrieved 2007-03-04.
- Roach, Gerry; Roach, Jennifer (2001). Colorado's Thirteeners, 13,800 to 13,999 Feet: From Hikes to Climbs. Fulcrum Publishing. ISBN 1-55591-419-5.
Find more about
at Wikipedia's sister projects
|Definitions from Wiktionary|
|Media from Commons|
|News stories from Wikinews|
|Quotations from Wikiquote|
|Source texts from Wikisource|
|Textbooks from Wikibooks|
|Learning resources from Wikiversity|
|This Colorado state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|