Stewart Wood, Baron Wood of Anfield
A politics tutor at Magdalen College, Oxford University and a member of the Co-operative Party, Wood has served as an adviser to former Prime Minister Gordon Brown  and to the party's current leader Ed Miliband.
On 15 January 2011, Wood was created a life peer as Baron Wood of Anfield, of Tonbridge in the County of Kent, and was introduced in the House of Lords on 18 January 2011, where he sits as a Labour peer. In 2011, he was also appointed a Shadow Minister without Portfolio, serving as an adviser to Labour Leader Ed Miliband on strategy and international affairs.
Lord Wood has worked closely with the think tank Policy Network on the concept of pre-distribution as a means to tackle what Labour Party leader Ed Miliband has described as 'the growing crisis in living standards'. The announcement that pre-distribution would become a cornerstone of the UK Labour Party's economic policy was jokingly mocked by Prime Minister David Cameron during Prime Minister's Questions in the House of Commons.
- S. Wood and A. Glyn, "New Labour's Economic Policy", in A. Glyn (ed), Social Democarcy in Neoliberal Times, Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2001, pp. 200–222.
- "Labour Market Regimes under Threat? Sources of Continuity in Germany, Britain, and Sweden," in P. Pierson (ed), The New Politics of the Welfare State, Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2001, pp. 368–409.
- "Business, Government and Patterns of Labor Market Policy in Britain and the Federal Republic of Germany", in P. Hall and D. Soskice (eds), Varieties of Capitalism: The Institutional Foundations of Comparative Advantage, Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2001, pp. 247–274.
- "Education and Training", in S. White (ed), New Labour: The Progressive Future? Basingstoke: Palgrave, 2001.
- "BBC News Profile". Retrieved 5 March 2011.
- "Oxford University Department of Politics Biography". Retrieved 5 March 2011.
- Walters, Simon (1 March 2010). "Daily Mail article featuring Wood". London. Retrieved 5 March 2011.
- House of Lords Minute of Proceedings, 18 January 2011.
- "BBC News". The BBC. Retrieved 2013-07-22.
- "Pre-distribution and the crisis in living standards". Policy Network. Retrieved 2014-03-11.
|This biography of a life peer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|