Stick to Your Guns
|Stick to Your Guns|
|Origin||Orange County, California, USA|
|Genres||Hardcore punk, melodic hardcore|
|Labels||Century Media, Sumerian|
|Associated acts||Walls of Jericho, Evergreen Terrace|
|Past members||Casey Lagos
Stick to Your Guns is an American hardcore band from Orange County, California. They are currently signed to Sumerian Records, under whom they've released three of their four full-length albums to date.
Origins and signing with Sumerian Records (2003–2008)
Frontman Jesse Barnett formed the band. Through the years he has brought a stable of accomplished musicians on board that bring with them the punk-hardcore passion. STYG is Jesse Barnett, George Schmitz, Andrew Rose, Chris Rawson and Josh James.
Ash Avildsen of Sumerian Records signed the band after seeing them at the Anaheim House of Blues. STYG also holds the record for the highest attendance ever at the Chain Reaction in Anaheim, Orange County's premier all ages venue.
Billboard Top 200 chart and No. 5 on the Billboard Heatseeker albums chart.
In November 2011, Stick to Your Guns posted a picture on their Facebook of a 20-year-old Arizona fan, Samuel Perkins, after several of his friends got tattoos of the heart which features on the cover of The Hope Division as a tribute to their friend. Along with the tattoo are the words "At least he died a lion." This was due to his long and painful battle with a brain tumor that he fought against; his friends called him the best person they have ever met. Stick to Your Guns saw the unity in their actions and decided to pay tribute to him by performing as the headliner at Sam's memorial show.
The genre-bending album debuted on the Billboard charts making it to #1 on the Heetseekers chart, #11 for Hard Rock Albums, #30 for Rock Albums and placed on the BILLBOARD 200. It climbed to #1 on the iTunes Top 10 Rock Albums chart.
The album put forth several of the band’s most successful singles to date. “We Still Believe.” "Bringing You Down (A New World Overthrow)" "Against Them All" “Beyond the Sun” and “Diamond.”
“We Still Believe” went on to gain consistent radio play. The album scored the band a spot on the 2013 Warped Tour. While on the Warped Tour, it was announced that “Diamond” won an Independent Music Award for best Hardcore/Metal Album of the year.
On February 5, 2014, the band entered the studio with producer John Feldmann (The Used, Story of the Year) to record their fifth studio album. Throughout the recording, the band released studio updates, confirming several guests to record vocals on the record, including: Scott Vogel of Terror, Toby Morse of H2O, Walter of Rotting Out, the members of Motionless in White, and producer John Feldmann himself. Recording finished on March 12, 2014.
- Current members
- Jesse Barnett – lead vocals (since 2003)
- Andrew Rose – bass and backing vocals (since 2008)
- George Schmitz – drums (since 2008)
- Chris Rawson – guitar and backing vocals (since 2009)
- Josh James – guitar and backing vocals (since 2011)
Jesse Barnett at Vainstream Rockfest, 2014
- Former members
- Reid Haymond – guitar, backing vocals (2007–2010)
- Casey Lagos – drums, guitars, bass, backing vocals (2003–2008)
- Studio albums
- For What It's Worth (2005, This City Is Burning Records; Reissue: 2007, Century Media Records)
- Comes from the Heart (2008, Century Media Records)
- The Hope Division (2010, Sumerian Records)
- Diamond (2012, Sumerian Records)
- Extended plays
- Compassion without Compromise (2004, self-released)
- The Story So Far vs. Stick to Your Guns (split CD) (2013, Pure Noise Records)
- Other songs
- "Laught Right Back" (re-recorded version) – leaked on the Internet in 2008
- "Bringing You Down (A New World Overthrow)" – an earlier version from the one in Diamond to support the Occupy Wall Street movement
- "Dog Days Are Over" – Florence And The Machine cover, March 25th, 2014
- "Stick To Your Guns Discography". Allmusic.
- "Positively ass-kicking; Stick to Your Guns - Comes From the Heart". Alternative Press (American music magazine). Retrieved 2009-01-08.
- "Comes from the Heart". Allmusic. Retrieved 2009-01-08.
- "CoC : Stick to Your Guns - Comes From the Heart : Review". Chroniclesofchaos.com. 2008-01-09. Retrieved 2013-12-31.
- "Stick to Your Guns | New Music And Songs". MTV. Retrieved 2013-12-31.
- "Stick To Your Guns". Sumerian Records. 2013-12-18. Retrieved 2013-12-31.
- "Stick To Your Guns (STYGoc) on Twitter". Twitter.com. Retrieved 2013-12-31.
- "At Least He Died A Lion". Mind Equals Blown. Retrieved 2013-12-31.
- "Stick to Your Guns - Biography". Billboard. Retrieved 2013-12-31.
- "Warped Tour 2013: See the Full Final Lineup - News - Warped Roadies - Fuse". Fuse.tv. Retrieved 2013-12-31.
- "Fans Select Winners In The 12th Independent Music Awards Vox Pop Poll". Independent Music Awards. 2013-08-06. Retrieved 2013-12-31.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Stick to Your Guns.|