Stick to Your Guns
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2008)|
|This article relies on references to primary sources. (December 2008)|
|Stick to Your Guns|
|Origin||Orange County, California, USA|
|Genres||Melodic hardcore, metalcore|
|Labels||Century Media, Sumerian|
|Past members||Casey Lagos
Stick to Your Guns is an American hardcore band from Orange County, California. They are currently signed to Sumerian Records, under whom they've released three of their four full-length albums to date.
Origins and signing with Sumerian Records (2003–2008)
Frontman Jesse Barnett was inspired to form a band that provided him with a medium to project his views and reflect his musical influences. Through the years he has brought a stable of accomplished musicians on board that bring with them the punk-hardcore passion Jesse has always possessed. STYG is Jesse Barnett, George Schmitz, Andrew Rose, Chris Rawson and Josh James.
Ash Avildsen of Sumerian Records signed the band after seeing them at the Anaheim House of Blues. STYG also holds the record for the highest attendance ever at the Chain Reaction in Anaheim, Orange County's premier all ages venue.
The Hope Division (2008–2011)
Stick to Your Guns caught the attention of many labels. Rather than jump into a deal, the band continued touring and headlined a six-week US tour that firmly planted their stake in the US.
STYG's diehard touring work ethic combined with their passionate and infectious live show undoubtedly brought the band success.
On January 20, 2010, Stick to Your Guns announced that they would enter the studio within the following week to begin recording their album The Hope Division for a June 1, 2010 release date through Sumerian Records. Upon release, the album peaked at No. 172 on the Billboard Top 200 chart and No. 5 on the Billboard Heatseeker albums chart.
In November 2011, Stick to Your Guns posted a picture on their Facebook of a 20-year-old Arizona fan, Samuel Perkins, after several of his friends got tattoos of the heart which features on the cover of The Hope Division as a tribute to their friend. Along with the tattoo are the words "At least he died a lion." This was due to his long and painful battle with a brain tumor that he fought against; his friends called him the best person they have ever met. Stick to Your Guns saw the unity in their actions and decided to pay tribute to him by performing as the headliner at Sam's memorial show. 
Stick To Your Guns delivered its most important album to date with “Diamond” released in 2012. The genre-bending album debuted on the Billboard charts making it to #1 on the Heetseekers chart, #11 for Hard Rock Albums, #30 for Rock Albums and placed on the BILLBOARD 200.  It climbed to #1 on the iTunes Top 10 Rock Albums chart.
The album put forth several of the band’s most successful singles to date. “We Still Believe.” "Bringing You Down (A New World Overthrow)" "Against Them All" “Beyond the Sun” and “Diamond.”
“We Still Believe” went on to gain consistent radio play. The album scored the band a spot on the 2013 Warped Tour. While on the Warped Tour, it was announced that “Diamond” won an Independent Music Award for best Hardcore/Metal Album of the year.
- Current members
- Jesse Barnett – lead vocals, programming, guitars (since 2003)
- Andrew Rose – bass, backing vocals (since 2008)
- George Schmitz – drums, percussion (since 2008)
- Chris Rawson – guitars, backing vocals (since 2009)
- Josh James – guitars, backing vocals (since 2011)
- Former members
- Reid Haymond – guitar, backing vocals (2007–2010)
- Casey Lagos – drums, guitars, bass, backing vocals (2003–2008)
- Studio albums
- For What It's Worth (2005, This City Is Burning Records; Reissue: 2007, Century Media Records)
- Comes from the Heart (2008, Sumerian Records)
- The Hope Division (2010, Sumerian Records)
- Diamond (2012, Sumerian Records)
- Extended plays
- Compassion without Compromise (2004, self-released)
- The Story So Far vs. Stick to Your Guns (split CD) (2013, Pure Noise Records)
- Other songs
- "Laught Right Back" (re-recorded version) – leaked on the Internet in 2008
- "Bringing You Down (A New World Overthrow)" – an earlier version from the one in Diamond to support the Occupy Wall Street movement
- "Stick To Your Guns Discography". Allmusic.
- "Positively ass-kicking; Stick to Your Guns - Comes From the Heart". Alternative Press (American music magazine). Retrieved 2009-01-08.
- "Comes from the Heart". Allmusic. Retrieved 2009-01-08.