Stig Roar Myrseth
|This article relies largely or entirely upon a single source. (October 2012)|
Stig Roar Myrseth (born 22 November 1972) is a Norwegian financial expert who operates throughout the Nordic and Baltic region. In 2011 he started the fund management company Dovre Forvaltning who is managing the world's first legal insider trading based fund, Dovre Inside Nordic.
Stig R. Myrseth completed secondary school in Harstad, Norway. in 1991 with the best possible grade "6" in all subjects. . In 1991 he won a silver medal in the International Chemistry Olympiad in Lodz. He then started at the University of Tromsø, with the department of chemistry. However, soon after he left University in favor of training as a financial analyst.
Myrseth won the stock picking contest "Børsspeilet" in the magazine Økonomisk Rapport for eight years in a row from 2003 until the magazine was closed down in 2010. On December 31, 2010 the Norwegian Financial Daily newspaper, Finansavisen, declared Myrseth to be Norway's best stock picker in a front page story.
Myrseth has started several companies in the financial sector. He established the full service investment banking firm Orion Securities in Norway in 1999, worked for Terra Markets, and established Dovre Forvaltning in 2011 in Lithuania.
- "Fund Facts: Dovre Inside Nordic". Dovre Forvaltning.
- "Fund Facts: Dovre inside Nordic".
- "Oppskriften på å slå markedet". Hegnar Online.
- "Stig Roar Myrseth". Dovre Forvaltning.
- Karl Nestaas (February 2013). "På innsiden av outsider'n". Kapital.
- "Kjemi olympiaden, lag bildet 1991" [Chemistry Olympiad, 1991 team photo] (Photograph). 1991.
- Wemunn Aabø (21 August 1991). "Sølvmedalje til ung kjemiker". Harstad Tidende.
- "Børsspeilet i 2011: Økonomisk Rapport er i gang med nye spennende børstips." [Stock Mirror in 2011: Economic Report is underway with new exciting stock tips.]. Økonomisk Rapport (Economic Report). 7 February 2011.
- Gard Setsaas (31 December 2010). "Knuste Oslo Børs i 2010: Norges beste aksjeplukker". Finansavisen.