Still (Tim McGraw song)
|Single by Tim McGraw|
|from the album Southern Voice|
|Released||February 1, 2010|
|Tim McGraw singles chronology|
"Still" is the title of a song written by Lee Brice, Kyle Jacobs and Joe Leathers, and recorded and co-produced by American country music artist Tim McGraw. It was released in February 2010 as the third single from his tenth studio album, Southern Voice.
"Still" is a moderate up-tempo country song, backed primarily by electric guitar. The song's male narrator describes remembering his favorite place to be in his past, and reminding himself that he can "just be still" in order to reach it.
The song was met with positive reception. Los Angeles Times critic Randy Lewis said that the song had "a pulsating modern rock beat behind his Louisiana twang[…]but lyrically it digs a bit deeper than the melodramatic but superficial hits so closely associated with McGraw." Bobby Peacock of Roughstock rated it 4.5 stars out of 5, saying that "Tim has been forging a darker, deeper and frankly, more interesting sound with each successive album[…]With 'Still,' he is playing all of his artistic strengths and proving that not all of country music has to sound the same." A less favorable review came from Stephen Thomas Erlewine of Allmusic, who called it "a slow, spacy crawl[…]that would not be out of place on a record by a U2 knockoff."
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||16|
|US Billboard Hot 100||91|
|Canada (Canadian Hot 100)||94|
- Lewis, Randy (19 October 2009). "Album review: Tim McGraw's Southern Voice". Los Angeles Times music blog. Retrieved 4 March 2010.
- Peacock, Bobby (22 March 2010). "Tim McGraw - "Still"". Roughstock. Retrieved 27 July 2013.
- Erlewine, Stephen Thomas. "Southern Voice review". Allmusic. Retrieved 4 March 2010.
- "Chart listing for "Still"". Billboard. Retrieved 26 August 2010.
- "Tim McGraw Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Tim McGraw.
- "Tim McGraw Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot 100 for Tim McGraw.
- "Tim McGraw Album & Song Chart History" Canadian Hot 100 for Tim McGraw.