|Past members||Yan Arexis|
The members play mostly, sometimes exclusively, traditional instruments (except on the more experimental album Ex-uvies). The lyrics are usually sung in French, Catalan or Occitan, and are mostly pagan-themed, evoking nature, myths, magical beings and sorcery.
The band is sometimes associated with the folk metal genre, probably due to the use of electric guitars on the Ex-uvies album. The other albums, however, are not related to this genre in any way. It is notable, though, that the two members of Stille Volk play together in a folk metal band called Hantaoma, highly reminiscent of Stille Volk.
- Patrick Lafforgue – vocals, wind instruments
- Patrice Roques – string instruments, choirs
- Arexis – percussion
- Sarg – string guitar, bagpipe, choirs (live)
- Fred Neheride – drums
- Arab lute
- Portable organ
- String tambourine
- Drum machine
- Hantaoma - 1997, Holy Records
- Ex-uvies - 1998, Holy Records
- Satyre Cornu - 2001, Holy Records
- Maudat - 2002, Holy Records
- Nueit De Sabbat - 2009, Holy Records
- Hantaoma is a folk metal band named after the first Stille Volk album featuring Patrick Lafforgue and Patrice Roques. Their debut album, Malombra, was released in 2005. The lyrics are sung entirely in Occitan.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Stille Volk.|