|Full name||Stjarnan Knattspyrnudeild (Stjarnan Football Club)|
Stjarnan F.C. is an Icelandic sports club specialising in football, located in Garðabær, which currently plays for the season 2013 in the Úrvalsdeild. They won the promotion from the 1. deild karla in 2008.
The club gained worldwide fame when their elaborate goal celebrations, including a highly choreographed depiction of landing a fish, diving, a human toilet, a human bicycle, and an imitation of a Rambo shooting spree, were published widely across the Internet and football television shows. The Spanish mobile network Movistar even made a YouTube video about Stjarnan.
The women's team won the Icelandic championship in 2011 and 2013.
As April 25, 2012
Note: Flags indicate national team as has been defined under FIFA eligibility rules. Players may hold more than one non-FIFA nationality.
- Olafur Thor Gudbjörnsson (interim) (Jan 1, 2010–Dec 31, 2010)
- Bjarni Jóhannsson (Jan 1, 2010–Dec 31, 2012)
- Logi Ólafsson (Jan 1, 2013–)
The Stjarnan Women play in Iceland's top division, the women's Úrvalsdeild. In 2011 the team won the championship two weeks before the end. The team also reached the final of the Icelandic Women's Cup in 1993 and 2010, losing 1–3 and 0–1 respectively. The team won the cup eventually in 2012 with a 1–0 win over Valur. In 2013 they won their second eague title.
Trophies and achievements
- Icelandic Second Division (1):
- Lorna Blount (28 July 2010). "Is This The Best Goal Celebration Ever?". Sky News.
- "Stjarnan women win 1st championship" (in Islandic). stjarnan.is. 31 August 2011. Retrieved 31 August 2011.
- "Bikarmeistarar meistaraflokks kvenna" (in Icelandic). ksi.is. Retrieved 9 July 2011.
- "Kate Deines and Veronica Perez Win Icelandic Cup".
- "Stjarnan storm to Iceland's women's title". freenewspos.com. 29 August 2013. Retrieved 3 September 2013.