|Full name||Stjarnan Knattspyrnudeild (Stjarnan Football Club)|
|Manager||Rúnar Páll Sigmundsson|
Stjarnan F.C. is an Icelandic sports club specialising in football, located in Garðabær, which currently plays in Úrvalsdeild, the top league in Iceland. They won the promotion from the 1. deild karla in 2008. Stjarnan is currently the champions of Iceland, winning the Úrvalsdeild for the first time in 2014. Before that, they managed to take Europe and the world by storm by their performance in the 2014-15 Europa League, surprisingly reaching out the play-off rounds after beating the likes of Scottish club Motherwell and Polish giants Lech Poznań, before Italian giants Inter Milan denied them a place on the group stages.
The club gained worldwide fame when their elaborate goal celebrations, including a highly choreographed depiction of landing a fish, diving, a human toilet, a human bicycle, and an imitation of a Rambo shooting spree, were published widely across the Internet and football television shows. The Spanish mobile network Movistar even made a YouTube video about Stjarnan.
The women's team won the Icelandic championship in 2011, 2013 and 2014.
Note: Flags indicate national team as defined under FIFA eligibility rules. Players may hold more than one non-FIFA nationality.
- Olafur Thor Gudbjörnsson (interim) (Jan 1, 2010–Dec 31, 2010)
- Bjarni Jóhannsson (Jan 1, 2010–Dec 31, 2012)
- Logi Ólafsson (Jan 1, 2013–Oct 16, 2013)
- Rúnar Páll Sigmundsson (Jan 1, 2014–)
The Stjarnan Women play in Iceland's top division, the women's Úrvalsdeild. In 2011 the team won the championship two weeks before the end. The team also reached the final of the Icelandic Women's Cup in 1993 and 2010, losing 1–3 and 0–1 respectively. The team won the cup eventually in 2012 with a 1–0 win over Valur. In 2013 they won their second league title, winning every single game that season thus not dropping a single point. 
Trophies and achievements
- Icelandic Second Division (1):
Stjarnan volleyballteam won the Icelandic championship in 2003,2004,2006,2007 and 2008.
|2014–15||UEFA Europa League||1Q||Bangor City||4–0||4–0||8–0|
|2015–16||UEFA Champions League||2Q|
- 1Q: First qualifying round
- 2Q: Second qualifying round
- 3Q: Third qualifying round
- PO: Play-off round
- Lorna Blount (28 July 2010). "Is This The Best Goal Celebration Ever?". Sky News.
- "Stjarnan women win 1st championship" (in Icelandic). stjarnan.is. 31 August 2011. Retrieved 31 August 2011.
- "Bikarmeistarar meistaraflokks kvenna" (in Icelandic). ksi.is. Retrieved 9 July 2011.
- "Kate Deines and Veronica Perez Win Icelandic Cup".
- "Stjarnan storm to Iceland's women's title". freenewspos.com. 29 August 2013. Retrieved 3 September 2013.