Stony Creek Township, Madison County, Indiana
|Stony Creek Township|
Location in Madison County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||28.28 sq mi (73.2 km2)|
|• Land||28.28 sq mi (73.2 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2) 0%|
|Elevation||869 ft (265 m)|
|• Density||136.9/sq mi (52.9/km2)|
|ZIP codes||46011, 46051, 46064|
|GNIS feature ID||0453879|
It was named from a stream in the northwestern part.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 28.28 square miles (73.2 km2), all land.
Cities, towns, villages
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these two cemeteries: Brookside and Old Woodward.
- Frankton-Lapel Community Schools
- Indiana's 6th congressional district
- State House District 37
- State Senate District 20
- "Stony Creek Township, Madison County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-10-08.
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Forkner, John La Rue and Dyson, Byron H. (1897). Historical Sketches and Reminiscences of Madison County, Indiana. Wilson, Humprheys & Co. p. 953.
- Indiana Township Association
- United Township Association of Indiana
- City-Data.com page for Stony Creek Township
- Town of Lapel
- Stony Creek Lifestyle Newspaper
||White River Township, Hamilton County||Jackson Township|
|Wayne Township, Hamilton County||Anderson Township|
|Green Township||Fall Creek Township|