Stony Plain Records
|Stony Plain Records|
|Distributor(s)||Warner Music Canada
Alternative Distribution Alliance (US)
Continental Record Services (Europe)
|Country of origin||Canada|
Stony Plain Records is a major Canadian independent record label, which specializes in roots music genres such as country, folk and blues. The label was the recipient of a 2003 Western Canadian Music Award for "Independent Record Label/Distributor of the Year".
Artists who have released albums on Stony Plain include the label's biggest seller Ian Tyson, Sylvia Tyson, Cindy Church, Long John Baldry, Linda McRae, The Paperboys, Corb Lund, Amos Garrett, David Wilcox, Jr. Gone Wild, Rita Chiarelli, Maria Muldaur, Tim Hus, Mendelson Joe and Spirit of the West. The label has also been the Canadian distributor for albums by notable American artists such as Steve Earle, Gillian Welch, Duke Robillard and Emmylou Harris.
- 20 Years of Stony Plain, compilation album released by Stony Plain in 1996
- Saturday Night Blues, Juno Award-winning compilation album released by Stony Plain and the CBC in 1991
- List of record labels
- "2003 Awards". breakoutwest.ca. Western Canadian Music Awards. Retrieved 24 March 2011.
- Morris, Chris (July 20, 1996). "Commemorative Sets Mark Anniversaries for Green Linnet, Stony Plain, Global Pacific". Billboard Magazine (Nielsen Business Media, Inc) 108 (29): 47. ISSN 0006-2510. Retrieved March 21, 2010.
- LeBlanc, Larry (January 14, 1995). "Roots Music, Country Reign At Stony Plain". Billboard Magazine (Nielsen Business Media, Inc) 107 (2): 37. ISSN 0006-2510. Retrieved March 21, 2010.
|This article about a Canadian record label is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|