Stony Point (Henderson) Light
|Year first lit||1869|
|Markings / pattern||White w/ Black Lantern|
|Height||73 feet (22 m)|
|Original lens||Fourth Order Fresnel lens|
|ARLHS number||USA-814 |
The Stony Point (Henderson) Light is a lighthouse on the shore of Lake Ontario near Henderson Bay in New York. The site was established in 1826, and the original lighthouse was lit in 1869. The light and attached keeper's quarters are currently privately owned. A new light was built in 1945, and it was automated in 1950. This light is maintained by the US Coast Guard. The site is not open to the public.
Stony Point (Henderson) Light is listed as one of New York's Historic Light Stations.
- ARLHS World List of Lights
- "Stony Point (Henderson) Light (Old)". Inventory of Historic Light Stations. NPS. Retrieved January 30, 2013.
- National Park Service's Maritime Heritage Program's Inventory of NY Historic Light Stations
- Oleszewski, Wes. Great Lakes Lighthouses, American and Canadian: A Comprehensive Directory/Guide to Great Lakes Lighthouses, (Gwinn, Michigan: Avery Color Studios, Inc., 1998) ISBN 0-932212-98-0.
- Scott T. Price. "U. S. Coast Guard Aids to Navigation: A Historical Bibliography". United States Coast Guard Historian's Office.
- U.S. Coast Guard. Historically Famous Lighthouses (Washington, D.C.: Government Printing Office, 1957).
- Wright, Larry and Wright, Patricia. Great Lakes Lighthouses Encyclopedia Hardback (Erin: Boston Mills Press, 2006) ISBN 1-55046-399-3
- Lighthouse Friends site
- "Historic Light Station Information and Photography: New York". United States Coast Guard Historian's Office.
- National Park Service Historic Lighthouses
- NPS for Stony Point on Henderson Bay
|This article about a building or structure in New York is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article relating to a United States lighthouse is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|